Outlook or Gmail Sync to link to a file attachment?

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
I have a Sync table in testing which successfully brings in all available fields in Outlook emails.  But my real goal is to be able to link to a file attachment in that email.  Is that possible from either Outlook or Gmail?
Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training (Mark Shnier)

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David

David

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I was pondering the same issue in my app. Here is my untested idea ...
Auto-save attachments to OneDrive using flow.microsoft.com (article here). Then sync OneDrive to QB and match to the email via time created? That last step may be trickiest, but even a report link maybe enough.
Thx, I'm not sure that I'm willing to go through that setup, but at least I know what would be possible if my client wants that ease of access to the file attachments.
Photo of David

David

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Pretty much my feelings too. My boss wanted access to one specific case, but thought it should be universal.
My actual solution will involve Juiced to generate an Exact Form PDF for an ASN Advance Ship Notice - essentially an advance Packing List and email to the customers on an overnight batch basis.

So, I may ask them to also write out a Quick Base record and save the PDF to either Amazon S3 or Drop Box.  I'm looking to retain a repository of these Packing Lists for inside staff to access.