Please add up to 5 columns for Record Picker.

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
3 columns are not enough for some cases. I think up to 5 key columns would be better

in here:
Lots of QuickBase features prompt users to select a record from a table. In most cases, they do so via the QuickBase record picker. By default, QuickBase uses the content of the key field to populate the record picker, but the key field rarely means much to users. For example, do you know your coworker's employee ID number? No, but you probably know her last name. You can configure the record picker to show fields that help users identify records more easily. Select up to three helpful and descriptive fields.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 0 Points

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You can instead point a field on a form at any report you like with as many or few columns as you like. That will replace the functionality of the default record picker. That report can also filter the list, so for example, if you are chosing employes, the list will be pre-filtered to only include Active employees.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 0 Points
Hi,

What I mean is in a table with a Record Picker of another table. See the attachment. The maximum column allowed is 3 for the auto picker. Which I think is not enough for some cases.
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm not understanding the issue here.  That looks like an embedded report of child records on a parent.  You circled 3 fields, so guess that is your 1,2,3 limit that you think exists.

What I am saying is that you can create any report that you like on the Children's record table and then adjust your form properties for that field that that is listing those children to use any report that you like with any sort, filters or column selection.
Photo of Staci

Staci

• 10 Points
Hello. I am looking to customize the record picker to filter out Disabled Users. Can you provide more instruction on how to do what you refer to above? Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.