pull in data from a QuickBase app into Excel

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered

How can I write a vba code within an excel spreadsheet to pull in data from a QuickBase app. Goal: e.g. Field 1 into Cell A1, Field 2 into Cell B2.

Cheers,

Lukas

Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 10 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you used the QuNect ODBC driver, you can custom build reports in Excel that use QuNect to export the data in the format you have built. www.qunect.com (30 day free trial).
Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 10 Points
Thank you for your fast answer, Laura. Is there a way without external drivers or plugins?
Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I would have to leave the answer to that question to the rest of the expert community....
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Lukas, here's a link to an Excel/VBA download tool I created a few years ago. It does have the option to write to an existing Excel file. Link to Google Docs download of QBDownload.zip containing both the Excel file and brief instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0msP83QbaCdSW4wdFNJY3I1bDA/edit?usp=sharing

Ken
Photo of Manny De La Cruz

Manny De La Cruz

• 940 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I know this is a really old post, but I am trying to use this and it just says "Host Name Unknown" but the quickbase Domain is correct...
Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 10 Points
Thank you Ken for your code. I work with mac and therefore excel for mac 2011. Opening your file after enabling macros shows: Compile error in hidden module:QuickBase. Any ideas?
I suppose your code would be very useful as far as i concern, reading the instruction file.
Cheers, Lukas
Photo of KenFirch

KenFirch

• 10 Points
I really need to get a Mac....Ken.
Photo of Akhilesh

Akhilesh

• 12 Points
Hi Ken. Is there any other way you can share the document, My company's firewalls block Google Docs
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 62 Points
Hi Ken.  Great code.  when I try to save to an existing workbook get the message 'Invalid destination Excel workbook name". I used the choose existing workbook button on the QB download tool. 
Photo of champM

champM

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How to enable the Existing Workbook option?