Just wondering if there are detailed instructions for QuickBase Actions? I was curious about deleting records. I have successfully used the Added and Modified Actions and was wondering how records are deleted in the 2nd app when deleted in the "Parent". Thanks!
There is not a native way to create a loop. I do know that Juiced will be demoing their Triggers add on product at EMPOWER 2017 and I believe it does looping and way more types of actions including cascading delete that you are asking about. (ie if the Parent is deleted, then delete the children)
Thank you Mark...yes we have some new options related to automation with triggers ready to be released at Empower, and it will be citizen developer friendly! (its available now if anyone is interested but official launch will be at empower)
- real time updates, no polling
- fired by email notifications not webhooks
- works when using gridedit and/or importing data - multi-record processing
- includes delete actions
- search actions - find a subset of records to update/delete
- scheduling triggers/actions to run daily/weekly/monthly
- repeating actions - looping as Christine asked about in this post - search for a subset of records and perform one or more actions for each record found in the search.
- conditional actions - perform only if certain conditions from prior actions are met
- design in sandbox mode - so you can copy a trigger and make changes without effecting the live trigger - when ready just push a button to apply your changes to the live trigger
- logging all trigger activities in a table in YOUR quickbase application
- and more!