Quickbase Sync error: "Received unexpected error: The operation has timed out"

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
Hi,
I get this error semi-occasionally when an automatic refresh occurs in my table. It'll sometimes succeed, but other times fail randomly with this message. Unless I'm completely oblivious, I can't find a reference to this error anywhere. The error reads simply reads: 

"Received unexpected error: The operation has timed out"

Is there anything I can do to debug this further?
Photo of Bob Jordan

Bob Jordan

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 4,430 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
If you have formula fields, be certain you have not inadvertently divided by zero. Check any numeric formula fields you might have for that.
Photo of David

David

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I posted about similar problems recently. The errors kept on getting worse and worse. QB says it is a known bug (as in they don't know).

I was able to resolve the problem by linking to a new Google Drive account (one that is shared with the original account). I suspect that if there was a way to 'log out' of my Google account and sign-in again, it would have fixed things without using another account. But all you can do is 'reauthorize'.
Photo of Matthew Neil

Matthew Neil

• 31,698 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It also depends on the type of 'sync' you are doing.  Drive, Box and QB online all have different time out responses/protocol 
Photo of Bob Jordan

Bob Jordan

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Re: Formulas divided by 0 - nope, nothing like that in the tables I'm using. It's all text.

Re: linking to new drive - That's a possible idea, but that means I'd need to re-set all my forms and relationships to the new table. I'd really rather avoid that :(
Although, you're right, in the past I've also gotten very odd errors preventing the refresh from occurring for hours.

Re: type of sync - It's using a connection to Box.
Photo of Matt NZ

Matt NZ

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have quite a few synced tables throughout my apps, and have connections to google drive as well as QB itself. I get these errors on both the QB-QB and QB-GDrive connections. I mostly ignore it and the table gets updated again later. It is annoying though.