results per day

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
i'd like to have "results calendar" -
it would automatically total the work done, boxes checked, etc.
and show the resulting totals on a calendar report.

i can get the totals per day as fields (not summary report #'s )

any way to do this without making a table with 365 records? that seems a bit kludgy, and a hassle to maintain as time goes on.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 52 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

• 30,204 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think more details are needed about the structure of your application but this is a scenario where you could run a small script and dynamically generate the contents of a new table with the calculated results which could be displayed on a native calendar report. This approach would use the flexibility of scripting to do the necessary calculations and toss the results into an empty table from which the standard calendar can be displayed automatically. To not confuse anyone you would hide the table that held dynamic data and only display the calendar immediately after running the script. It call be automated.

If may not be apparent to every day users of QuickBase but there are a lot of things you can do with script such as dynamically creating user defined pages, creating and deleting tables on the fly, populating multiple records with data or even creating fields and dynamically. All of these capabilities can be used to automate your data intake, generate custom reports or automate administrative tasks you presently do manually.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 52 Points
sounds delightful....

can you point me to any examples or sample projects, etc. ?