Salesforce - Quickbase. Table is not refreshing. Getting different error messages.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I have no more hair to pull.

I created a connection between Quickbase and Salesforce. There are 2 tables using the same connection. At the beginning, the connection was fine. The first table keeps reading data from Salesforce ok. But, the second table does not refresh, does not update. Reading the history of the connection, here are the different errors that always start with "There was a problem refreshing the table":

The error was: Reading the QuickBase API_DoQuery response from https://......  act=API_DoQuery_failed_WstxlOException

or

The error was Liberator query thread terminated unexpectedly

or

The error was The operation getRecords failed: Salesforce error: Failed to send request to https://......salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/29.0/00Dd0000000bUIK

This started to happen out of no reason. No changes, no new fields, nothing. It was perfectly fine. I tested the connection, ok.  I requested reauthorization, ok. The first table works well (not fast though) and use the same connection.

Anyone with an idea of whats going on? 

Sincerely, 

Bald guy

Photo of Ricardo Tsai

Ricardo Tsai

• 40 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Keith

Keith

• 20 Points
Ricardo,

I would submit a support case, so our Care team can reach out and help troubleshoot this.

Within QuickBase, click on Help at the top of the screen. Click on "Manage Support Cases" and post your question there. That way a member of our care team can reach out.
Photo of Ricardo Tsai

Ricardo Tsai

• 40 Points
Thanks Keith. I've submitted a Support Case.
Photo of Ricardo Tsai

Ricardo Tsai

• 40 Points
-------------------------
To close this loop.  Apparently, Salesforce can manage only a certain amount of records to be communicated with Quickbase. Therefore, when you are requesting from Quickbase a large amount of records on a salesforce related table, the connection times out. I'm calling from Quickbase over 290k  as per today (7/15/2016) records from Salesforce and when trying to refresh data, all the mentioned above error messages shows up and it doesn't refresh at all.
Solution? In the meantime I see none with QB and Salesforce connection. It is neither both application error and at the same time it is the connection design.
What's next? Look for alternative ways to do it.