Save, make some other changes, then continue editing record

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

I am trying to create a button that does the following:

1. Makes a programmatic change to a record that is currently being edited.
2. Keeps the record in edit mode to allow the user to continue making changes to it.

I am using a url button with API_EditRecord and it currently works well on a record that has been previously saved; however, if the button is clicked when entering a *new* record, I get a "no such record" error.

This makes me think that the *new* record needs to be programmatically saved just before making the other programmatic changes.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Photo of Juan

Juan

• 74 Points

Posted 5 years ago

I have a partial answer.  If you use API_AddRecord for a record which does not yet exists (ie use a form rule to show an AddRecord verison) of your URL formula button, if you suffix it with &disprec=1

which means and Display Record = true
Then it should create the record and display it.  However, I do not know how to display it in edit mode, as the normal methods require knowing the record ID#.
Photo of B

B

• 20 Points
Regarding the &disprec method, is there a reference list of these URL strings methods. I see a lot of them, it would be nice to have a detailed list of what they all do.
If you go to HELP at the top and search API  you will get this hit http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/Default.html#apicalls.html
Photo of B

B

• 20 Points
Thanks Coach ;)