SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION WHEN DUE DATE HAS REACHED TODAYS DATE

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

I have a purchase requisition form setup with 6 line items a user can enter.

1-item: broom 1- price: $1.00 1-Due Date: 6/26/2014

2-item: cart 2-price: $15.00 2-Due Date: 6/27/2014

I want to setup a notification that when Due date is equal to today, an email will be sent to the "requester" notifying them that their Broom was due today.

Tomorrow, 6/27/2014, I should get another email saying that my Cart is Due today.

Having issues setting up this notification. any ideas? Is there a way to add a formula field into the form then hide it saying "when 1-due date=today, send email notification to requester" Then have that same formula field for each line item?

Photo of mkosek

mkosek

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

You should explore "Reminders". That is what you need - not Notifications.

http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/Default.html#about_reminders.html
Photo of mkosek

mkosek

Hmm..Still not working. I had high hopes for that..Here is how I have it setup, see attached

Keep in mind that because I have 6 different line items, I have 6 separate subscriptions.
I'm not understanding what is not working.  You know that they fire overnight, right? They do not fire when the record is edited.  Although there should be a button on the Reminder builder to send a test Reminder.
Photo of mkosek

mkosek

When I setup only 'line-1" reminder or notification, say to remind me that TODAY the part I requested did not get received in, I get a notification/reminder send to my email. But when I have 2 separate reminders setup, 1 for each line item, I do not get ANY notifications/reminders sent to my email. I waited overnight and still have yet to receive a reminder even though yesterday I set up the reminder to remind me that a part is over due, and the date it is due is 6/27.Is it because I want to be reminded the DAY it is due and not 1 day AFTER it is due? Am I not allowed to put "remind when '0' days after the date in the field 'date required'?
The reminders definitely work.  I believe that reminders remind you in advance of something happening.  If you want to be reminded after a date, you may have to set up a date formula field to calculate 1 day after the due date and trigger off that date.