Send email to bcc

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
when copying email addresses from a report is there at way yet to have them go to the BCC field
Photo of Elisabeth3659

Elisabeth3659

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 640 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
No, its a two step process.

1.Let them go to the TO field and then
2. Cut and Paste them into the BCC field, and put your own name in the To field.
Photo of Elisabeth3659

Elisabeth3659

• 0 Points
is there something in the works that will change that?
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 640 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I doubt it, but its not like the QuickBase engineers consult me before they make a move.  :)  I really would not  have a way of knowing that, except that I have heard very few complaints on this forum about that, so I just doubt its a burning issue for them to address.  Especially because the work-a-round of the Cut and Paste seems pretty painless to me.
Photo of Elisabeth3659

Elisabeth3659

• 0 Points
Thanks!
Photo of Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• 0 Points
I use Thunderbird, and this is not a simple process for me as each e-mail address is processed in a separate field. I have to copy them all separately. Really quite a pain and as we are expanding our cloud-based computing powers something we are keeping in mind as a customer.

Thunderbird is a great mail application in general so I can't be the only one.

It's so unprofessional to put everyone in the "to" or "cc" fields where everyone can see those addresses. Or at the very least, there should be a way to fill in the "to" fields with a generic "Valued Customer" field so that all customers cannot see one another's e-mail addresses and names.

Also, I'd like to delegate this sort of work without extensive training and this is just one of those things that is easy for a n00b to make a mistake on. They see that I use quickbase to mail a group of clients; they think all they have to do is click that little envelope; our clients are irritated.

Solutions requested, please. I prefer an option in the mouse-over for the envelope icon which would allow you to mail the group with addresses hidden in the bcc field.
Elizabeth.
I think that to be effective with your posting here, you would need to start a new thread and refer back to this one.  Comments on existing threads are only seen by people who were involved in the thread like me.   So right now you have a very small audience.  But I can't solve your problem.  I suggest that you restate your problem in a new post, and what will likely happen (assuming that no one has a solution for you) is that the QuickBase support staff will chime in suggesting that you put in a User Voice suggestion as that is the main place where the QuickBase engineers look for feedback and what are the hot issues for future development.
Photo of Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• 0 Points
Thanks. I don't want to start thread after thread as that just clutters everything up. I will just put in a suggestion.
Photo of Quincy Adam

Quincy Adam

• 358 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.