I have 3 fields in Table C that I want to mirror into Table A. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried the table to table relationships but it always created a drop down where you would have to search for a product. I just want to link the product somehow and pull in those 3 fields with the info filled in. Any ideas?
So the plan would be this - you may want to first do this in a Copy of your app.
1. Make a copy of the formula field and call it something like Product Number (Key field)
2. Change the name of the the formula field to something like Product Number (Formula)
2. Change the Type of the formula field to just be a text field. Now it will hold the text value of the formula field as a data entry field.
3. Make a form rule that says.
When the record is saved, change the value of the the field [Product Number (Key field)] to the value in the field Product Number (formula)
and check uncheck the box that says only when conditions become true
So, now you can build your relationship to the child table A.
2. Yes, data fed from another system changes everything. You need to change that data feed to create the key field in the raw data feed. Can you explain what QB Connect is? Can it be configured to create that key field directly? Is QB connect really QuNect? If so, you need to get that data feed changed.
My suggestion with the form rule wil only work for manual data entry.