Status change between related tables

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I have 3 tables A->B->C. I need the status field change of C to change the status field of B. 
Note: B and C have different status values that cannot change.
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

• 1,030 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Can you clarify which are the parents and which are the children.
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

B = parent C = Child
Well, you have two choices, I suppose.  The first is to do summary field of the # of children at various statuses and then use that in a formula to calculate the status of B.

But if you want a change done based on a change to "C", you can create an Actin to edit records.  But to do that you will need to set up a Report Link field on C which links one the Left side of the setup [Related B] to the field on B of [Record ID#].

Then you can set up an Action.
(Edited)
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

Thanks for the reply. I've tried both and neither seems to fire the change. 
So let's talk troubleshoot the Action.  Did you create the report link field?  If you put the Report link field on the C record, does it show a report of the single B to be updated?
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

I created the report link but it does not show the B record to be updated
How is the report link field configured - what field is on the left and what field is on the right?
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

C is on the left B on the right
May I have the names of the actual fields?
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

The record that you want to update in Sell sheets (B) is the Parent of (C).  The Parent of C will be [Related sell sheet], so that is the field that you need on the left side.  The right side is the record that you want that to match to which will be the [Record ID] field in Sell sheets.

So maker that adjustment and see if the Parent sell sheet record shows on the report link field on C.
Photo of Chad Brandmire

Chad Brandmire

Sorry for the delayed response. 
Made the change and all appears to be working.
Thanks