Strange Characters in Report Names in Dashboards

  • 0
  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
I don't know if anyone has experienced but occasionally I see my reports in the dashboard showing strange characters instead of report names.  My efforts to elicit a response from QB support have been marred by a flat response that they cannot reproduce the issue.

Does anyone have a similar issue?  A screenshot is attached.
 
Photo of Arshad Khwaja

Arshad Khwaja

  • 3,132 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of QuickBasePros_IDS

QuickBasePros_IDS, Champion

  • 2,266 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I do know that adding & (ampersands) to report-names causes issues with the ability to later customize and overwrite reports.  Not sure about that specific issue.
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

  • 26,512 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

It is probably a character encoding problem. QuickBase currently uses windows-1552 encoding while most web sites use urf-8.

Wait a minute - I just checked on IE11 and the console is now reporting

>document.characterSet

"utf-8"

On Monday at Empower I checked and Chrome was reporting windows-1552 and I was seeing problem with the question mark in black diamond and non-breaking spaces.

So maybe the QB has fixed this since you asked the question or something else is in the works.

If character problems persist I would suggest you test in several browsers and report the results of typing document.characterSet into the console (press F12 to expose)

Only QuickBase can fix this problem.



(Edited)