Subscription on last day of month

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered

This is likely a super easy answer. I'm just waiting for the date to get here, but want to verify, since i'm working with an active report. If I need a subscription to email out on the last day of a month, do I just put in the 31st, and then any other month that ends before that date will send out on that month's last day?

Photo of Ryan

Ryan

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 40 Points
I would setup a daily subscription, and make sure that you have the "send this report even when there are no results" unchecked. You can then create a formula checkbox field for example on your records with a formula like LastDayOfMonth([DateFieldName]). You could have more to the formula if you wanted to only include records where the status wasn't completed, or where the assigned to field is a specific person, etc. to include the records you want in the report. Last, create a report filtering where that formula checkbox field is checked. Then your subscription will check every day, but only trigger the e-mail on the last day of the month.
Photo of Ringoparr

Ringoparr

• 844 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Set it for the first. But make sure the filter on your report is looking at changes occurring in the previous month etc.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.