Please give us the option to go back the the basic "blue". We did not ask for this update, nor did we want it.
Thanks for letting us know about the issue with forms. One of our goals with this rebrand was to make sure the same amount of data was presented on screen. Is there a chance you could open a support case and provide some screenshots of these forms so we can investigate fixing the issue?
QuickBase Product Manager
I put in a User Voice for this.
Breaking the UI for production applications is a ridiculous move.
1. This is not a start-up app where things like the above issues should happen. This is the enterprise league.
2. give the user the option for the color. We don't really care about QB branding, we want our own.
3. Why do this? I don't see any significant user improvements to warrant a dramatic change like this
4. Still not responsive! I can see making a major UI change like this if there are benefits, like being mobile friendly or responsive. but still not responsive website like the rest of the world's applications. Why is there such a lack of focus on mobile friendly and/or responsive? The world is going mobile, have you not seen Apple's "what's a computer ad"? This was even one of the major talking points in the Empower17 keynote talk by the futurist.
Elon is going to be on Mars before QB makes a mobile version that is usable.
the color scheme isn't user friendly, is there a way to customize the color scheme?
The new fonts make it so we had to change the dashboard, and now it is too big, is there a way to change that?
Every user in my company has asked how they can change back to the old version because they are having problems using the new UI, is this possible?
To see the fixes that we are making to address issues with the updated UI identified here, check out these product patch notices:
http://service.quickbase.com/#!/incident/123004 - within the hour
http://service.quickbase.com/#!/incident/122984 - done
http://service.quickbase.com/#!/incident/122960 - done
Two questions for all:
1. Do you have enough contrast on the tablebar so you know what table you are on? For us it is hard to see on many monitors. It's all white. Before there was much more distinction. (See Actions table below)
2. Do you miss not having the icon at the left. (See red circles below)
I will add these to user feedback, but just wondering what everyone else thinks. I submitted a ticket and both issues came back as "working as designed".