I have these tables in two connected apps:
App 1: Clients < Assignments > Associates
- (Assignments ties together a Client and an Associate, since one Client has several Associates working on it and vice-versa.)
App 2: Meetings < Projects < Tasks
Relationship between the apps are:
- App 1: Clients < App 2: Meetings
- App 2: Associates < App2: Projects
So, some confusion happens in the Projects table because a project is tied to clients in two ways.
- A child-Project is related to a parent-Meeting, AND
- A child-Project is related to a parent-Assignment (which has parent-Client and parent-Associate)
When Associates create a new project, I want them to only have to choose among their clients -- currently they're choosing from a list of Assignments, which lists hundreds of choices that join every Associate with a Client, because:
- Projects > Clients < Assignments > Associates
What methods would be best to limit Associates choices of Clients for which to created new Projects?