What's the easiest way to create a data entry form for a Quick Base application that I can embed on my website?

• Article
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)

[The Quick Base Knowledge Base is your library of frequently-asked questions that help you better customize your apps to solve your business problems.]

The easiest way to create the HTML for a Quick Base data entry form is to use the following wizard:

https://login.quickbase.com/db/6mztyxu8?act=DBPage&pagename=formWizard.html

Note: This wizard works with application tokens. If you want to use Application Tokens with this wizard add the following token to your application: cwfcy7gdzqrsyncqbi2bn4u4kr. If not, you can leave the application's token requirement set to disabled.
Photo of Brian Cafferelli

Brian Cafferelli, Quick Base Technical Marketing Manager

• 1,698 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mike Blink

Mike Blink

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This link no longer works.  After choosing the database, it dies at a mostly blank screen   :(

Hi Mike, I just tried out the wizard and it seems to be working on my end. If you're still having trouble feel free to open a support case so one of our customer care reps can take a look. You can open a case by clicking ? in the top-right, clicking Manage Support Cases, and then clicking + New Support Case.

Thanks,
Brian
Photo of Olivia Rother

Olivia Rother

• 60 Points
Hi Mike,

I am not sure what "Please enter the URL you want to go to after your users fill out the form we are creating here." refers to. What link should I be putting in here?

Thanks!

Liv
Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 5,934 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This would be the redirect after submitting/entering the information.  I would imagine your website or a redirect page of some kind acknowledging the entry.
Photo of moleman108

moleman108

• 1,058 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I tried to make the form using this tool, and I got this when I tested it on our website:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<qdbapi><action>API_AddRecord</action><errcode>22</errcode><errtext>Sign-in required</errtext><errdetail>The page you have requested can be viewed only by users who have signed in. Please sign in to proceed.</errdetail></qdbapi>

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This is where the redirect requires a login to access the Page.  Wherever you are redirecting to needs to be a publicly accessible space; or perhaps a page hosted in your website?
Photo of moleman108

moleman108

• 1,058 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
it is a publicly accessible page... that was the first thing I checked.

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Re-reading the error, it looks like it is trying to Add the record, but cannot because the AddRecord needs to have a signin.  Perhaps use a Usertoken in the HTML code with the AppToken to bypass the signin.

The most common setup for these web forms is to create a public access role in your app, to open your app up to Everyone on the Internet. You can set up that role to allow only what it necessary for your form (so you'll likely just need to allow EOTI users to add new records to that specific table).

You can read more on EOTI here: https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/share_with_everyone_on_internet.html