Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to Quickbase’s Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "Thanks for the information," or "Me, too," to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “Remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a convenience for Quickbase users. Quickbase is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all representations and warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Quickbase or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Quickbase be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including loss of use, data, or profits) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. Use of the Quickbase service is governed by your separate agreement with Quickbase.
With each post, you grant Quickbase an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free license to access, use, reproduce, display, publish, transmit, print, prepare derivative works of, sublicense, perform, and distribute any posted content, feedback, suggestions, or ideas for any purpose without any obligation or compensation to you.
If you make available through the Quickbase community forum ideas and suggestions on Quickbase products or services, you acknowledge and agree that posting such content does not make you an inventor of any invention that may arise during any development of any Quickbase product or service, including those that may incorporate or are related to posted content in the Quickbase community forum. If, despite the foregoing, you retain any right, title, or interest in any invention, you agree to assign to Quickbase all right, title, and interest in and to such invention, effective upon the invention’s conception, creation, or development. To the extent that you retain any right to or interest in any invention after all permissible assignment, you waive all claims with respect to such rights or interests against Quickbase and its affiliates, and any user of any Quickbase product or service. In addition, you grant Quickbase an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free license to access, use, reproduce, display, prepare derivatives works of, sublicense, perform, distribute, modify, make, sell, offer to sell, import, analyze, and exploit all or any portion of such invention. You waive and quitclaim to Quickbase any claim for infringement, misappropriation, or other violation of any invention or intellectual property rights assigned or licensed under these Terms.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. We take the intellectual property rights of others seriously and require that our community forum users do the same. If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through the Quickbase community forum, please contact email@example.com.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Quickbase does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Quickbase we will take all appropriate action.
Quickbase reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We want our community to be a professional and welcoming place for all. To help with that, please read our community rules, etiquette, and privacy guidelines. To accept these terms and become a member of our community, click the "I Agree" button at the bottom of the guidelines page.
We're excited to have you here!