Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

• 1.  report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 05-27-2014 08:24

When you save a report as a spreadsheet the totals on the report are not saved in excel? Why is that? Is there a way to get the totals on the report into Excel?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 05-27-2014 11:17
    To export totals, you will need to replicate your report as a summary report, which is a different report type.

It's not possible to export detail and summary off the same report.

• 3.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 02-10-2015 00:26
    I have a similar problem and the report is a summary report.  Any idea what may be causing that?

• 4.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 02-10-2015 00:51
    Are you the administrator of the app?  The App properties can be set to only allow the Administrator to export.  Is that a possible cause?

• 5.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 02-10-2015 01:15
    Unfortunately not.  I am an admin for the App.

• 6.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 02-10-2015 01:41
    Is this a Summary report?  Or is this a "Table report" which is only showing the Group By subtotals.  If its the latter, then you need to make a real Summary Report.

• 7.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 02-11-2015 16:26
    It's type is listed as a Summary report but I could be missing something else.  Is there a way for it's type to be listed as summary but it to be functioning as a table?

• 8.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 02-20-2015 18:26
    I have the same issue and it is a summary report. Could this be because it is an old report that I might have to recreate? If so this will be painful

• 9.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 04-23-2015 12:22
    i have same issue too. Its a summary report but not showing total in save as spreadsheet.

• 10.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 04-23-2015 12:52
    The Grand Totals do not show in the export of a Summary Report.  You need to add them back yourself by excel SUM formula.

• 11.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 12-05-2018 22:47
    Why 4 years later is this still not a feature? It seems like such a massive oversight. Half the point of summary reports is to break a grand total down into sub-categories but that doesn't mean that I don't still want to see the grand total when I export it to Excel. Having to do it manually seems unnecessary.

• 12.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 12-06-2018 14:11
    Hi James,

Currently those total fields that display in a summary report are not mirrored out to the CSV that is created from them. Instead just the actual data fields themselves are available upon export. If you feel that this would be a helpful feature I would encourage you to add your vote to a User Voice request that we do have for this feature. User Voice is the feedback platform our product development team uses here at Quick Base to help track user interest in new features and enhancements. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials if you have general feedback. There is also an open request for including totals in an export of a summary report that has gained a few votes that you can find here and add your own vote as well. Thank you very much for your time today James. 

• 13.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 12-05-2018 23:17
    You can do this with script. Here is a five minute effort achieved by manually pasting a short script into the console and loading the resulting file into OpenOffice's Calc (or Excel)

Script:
    var content = $('<div>').append($("table.searchResults").clone()).html();
    var filename = "myfile.html"
    function download(filename, content) {
      var blob = new Blob([content]);
      var a = document.createElement("a");
      a.href = window.URL.createObjectURL(blob); 
      a.download = filename;
      a.style.display = "none";
      document.body.appendChild(a);
      a.click();
    }
    download(filename, content);
    In general you can download anything your want in any format you want using script and you can get an fancy or as automated as you want.

I did this from the console because as it is the fastest way to produce the result. However, it is a simple matter to integrate the script into a workflow that melds seamlessly with the GUI.

My advice is to embrace the script into your life and forgo the pain and suffering of waiting four years for a feature that may or may not show up.

Pastie Database
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bgcwm2m4g?a=dr&rid=699

• 14.  RE: report totals not showing in Excel when saving as spreadsheet

Posted 11-03-2022 12:43
    Hi! Any update on this becoming a built-in feature in the last 4 years? Automatically showing totals within the exported Summary Report would be ideal.

------------------------------
    Shelby Pons
    ------------------------------