Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 08-02-2017 05:30
    Just wondering if we can actually embed the child form onto the parent rather than looking up values? 

• 2.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 08-02-2017 12:12
    There is not a native way to embedded a form within a form, but it is an interesting concept.

• 3.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 08-02-2017 21:40
    Wouldn't a standard embedded report do the trick for you if all you are doing is looking up values? Plus, there's always grid edit to be able to edit those child records.

• 4.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 08-03-2017 05:50
    You are right but that would be row based report. 

Mark thanks for your response? 

• 5.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 08-03-2017 07:32
    >You are right but that would be a row based report

Yes, it would be a row based report. but, at least you have an option to edit the existing child records or add the new ones.

Currently, this is the only way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 6.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 08-25-2018 14:47
    You can embed a form in a form if you create an iframe in a formula text field.  You then create a report link who's source and destination is the iframe field.  Check out any of the project records in the "Magic Buttons" app available in the Quick Base Exchange.  There is an example of embedding a mobile version of a form on a project record.

i.e example iframe.  I added mobile_ in front of the nwr so it would give me the mobile version of the form.

<iframe width="560" height="1675" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://team.quickbase.com/db/bnvx2unar?a=mobile_nwr"></iframe>

If you want to use the standard Quick Base form you can do the following:

<iframe width="560" height="1675" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://team.quickbase.com/db/bnvx2unar?a=nwr&ifv=1"></iframe>

The mobile version doesn't have the Quick Base header like the regular form so I've also added &ifv=1 so the page surroundings would be suppressed and show only the form.

• 7.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 02-22-2019 22:02
    Kirk, I appear to be having issues getting non-mobile to display in my own app as well as the magic buttons app when performing the changes you've listed in this comment. Am I missing a detail here?

• 8.  RE: Showing a child form in Parent Form

Posted 01-25-2023 22:11
    Were you able to resolve this? even I'm unable to embed non mobile forms

------------------------------
    Prashant Hubballi
    ------------------------------