Posted 12-31-2020 10:20
    Is there any way of permanently disabling this across all apps:

Nobody at my organization likes it.

------------------------------
    USA USA

• 2.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 12-31-2020 10:53
    In its 20 years history there have been several major UI changes that Quick Base has undertaken.  In a short time, after the transition, we can't even remember what it used to look like.

Quick Base plans enhancements to the Table report within the next few releases, in particular in the area of how the Dynamic Filters work,  and then inexorably, we will all be transitioned to the new UI.  

For now, if you don't want the new UI you can erase cookies and it will revert to the old look,  but eventually we will all be transitioned over to the new look.  I too currently prefer the  old look, mainly because that is what I'm used to, but I have clients who love the new look.  

The new UI lays a foundation for further improvements to features, including perhaps one day, inline editing of records while in view mode.  ie, no need to switch to Grid Edit to make updates. 

.. life as we know it will go on just fine in 2021.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 02-04-2021 18:57
    If the enhancement includes putting the dynamic filters in a column on the left, I'm all in on the new style (it's much cleaner overall), but the absence of the dynamic filter list is a big one for pretty much all of my 20K-ish users.

Sherry Blackburn

• 4.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 02-04-2021 19:00
    Feb 22nd!!  It looks like they did a really nice job in implementing dynamic filters on the new table report.

https://help.quickbase.com/release-notes/february-2021-release-notes.html

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-17-2021 21:20
    We hate it too. We call it the herpes of QB. We turn it off and it just pops up again and again. There HAS to be a way to turn this off.

Meredith Moore

• 6.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 09:14
    It needs a scroll bar at the bottom for scrolling left to right.

Adam Keever

• 7.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 10:48
    What we need is to be able to have choice on the BACKEND of the report. Sure let us CHOOSE a style, maybe even open up that CSS do we can choose header colors, fonts, sizes, column widths / heights, rotation, etc.

Meredith Moore

• 8.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:04
    Agree, we need more customization options.

Adam Keever

• 9.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:16
    Global, and per-App CSS choices would be nice.

USA USA

• 10.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-19-2021 13:23
    So if Quickbase adds a feature called "Make copy of CSS". The "Make Copy of CSS" function copies the current CSS of the "New BETA Reports" of the Table Home Page to a code page in App Settings.
    A Builder goes to the Code page and builds by messing up the CSS.
    Back in Table Settings - Table Home Page: is a DDL of each code page where .css is the type (in the name).

Builder applies CSS to a table home page.
    Builder can test different CSS code pages based upon Role (without affecting Users)
    Builder can apply CSS code page to other Roles (Users are impressed).

Builder now starts taking classes in CSS.
    Quickbase starts documenting all CSS classes in a table format for reference, like the API guide. (and makes it editable so we can update it).

Quickbase developers can go back to Pipelines for a while.

Just a thought.

Jim Harrison
    transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes

• 11.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:56

A great way to run a business... I don't know why they aren't listening to their customers anymore. They used to be so good about it. Now it is like "Suck it up buttercup". 

My biggest problem is that I group things so that the report will be shorter. Now it is longer than ever and I can't collapse it down. It REALLLLLLY sucks. I have like one record and four grouping rows on top of it. It makes no sense. It also makes me wonder what my Exact forms will look like...

Meredith Moore

• 12.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 12:02
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 05-18-2021 12:07
    I agree that when you have reports using the group by feature it really does suck up a lot of the space. The only way to get that space back is to use the expand icon which is at the top right. 

I was actually thinking I might have to make some combined fields so that a single field contains the group by the nations all in one field so I wouldn't lose so much screen space.  I think I will put in a user voice on that group by issue. It is taking up too much screen space.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 13.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:27
    Even if you do turn it off for now they have already said the toggle will eventually be going away. It could be in 2 months or it could be in 6 months but it will go away. So learning the new reports, even if we hate them, is going to be time well spent so you don't have to learn them when you are forced to.

• 14.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:33
    Nobody is denying that, but it still does not change the fact that the new version looks like crap and performs horribly.

USA USA

• 15.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-19-2021 15:04
    This is just how things usually work here. You are the beta test for the report. They will release it in an almost working condition and eventually it may be updated to be better. Look at Pipelines as another example. Sure it works but it definitely isn't what I would call production ready with all the little bugs with it. You end up chasing down lots of issues that have no cause that can be determined. Things like Pipelines erroring one day and then appearing to run correctly from then on but in fact they have stopped working with that error it just doesn't look like it.

The new reports are different and I don't like how they look but I cannot deny that you are able to filter easier and more efficiently with them. I like how intuitive the filtering is as well but not all of my users feel the same way lol. In fact many of them are very confused with the new style but that is more a product of them not liking change and not wanting to see what the new style can do for them.

• 16.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:48

Adam Keever

• 17.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:56
    (In the end... the Borg were defeated)

USA USA

• 18.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 12:01
    Indeed! I dare QB to put out a real poll on the forum. Not just something that pops up when you are working. (Those are so annoying.)

Meredith Moore

• 19.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 16:39
    Resistance is not futile, it is Voltage divided by Current...

Paul Peterson

• 20.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 16:43
    @ Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oT0ZDF7I-E

USA USA

• 21.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-24-2021 10:08
    After giving the "New Style" a completely fair shake....

I have determined that it still sucks, and is still dreadfully slow.

This is a very good case of:  Don't fix what is not broken.

USA USA

• 22.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-24-2021 10:13
    Completely agree. I have tried and tried but it doesn't load, too slow, bugs when going into grid edit mode (it removes any sorting).

Not good at all. Between this and phasing out automations, they are really driving me nuts. I want to start looking into migrating to other platforms.

Mike Tamoush

• 23.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-25-2021 07:41
    This too is so frustrating.  My users hate the new look.  They hated the old one too so yes they all complain as they thought it was so dated. 

But I dont understand why their cannot be a css editor to allow us to personalize fonts, colors, etc.  That is all I really need to make it look nice.  I want the app to look like my companies branding not quick base generic.

Ivan Weiss

• 24.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-25-2021 13:36
    Hi Ivan, we agree about the look of the legacy style for table reports. That is one reason we've re-built them from the ground up. We know that it's a big change, however, which is why we are keeping the toggle available for the time being. The design of the new style comes out of research and feedback from hundreds of customers, and we are always looking for more perspective on how we can do better to make sure the new table report style meets your needs. If you or your users have specific feedback about the new style, Uservoice is the best place for it (https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quickbase-product-feedback). That way we can track the level of support each idea has.

I also wanted to respond to the idea of providing a CSS editor to give app builders fine-grained control over the visual appearance of their Quickbase apps. First, the Quickbase platform is optimized for business users without knowledge of coding such as CSS to build new apps quickly, then iterate on them bit-by-bit. But more importantly, we believe that focusing on the core worfklow and integrations for business apps is a more effective way to realize business value quickly, compared to spending time refining the details of a specific visual design.

For those reasons, we would not be likely to develop something like a CSS editor. However, we do support and encourage professional developers to customize and extend their Quickbase applications using custom code. This is typically done using code pages, where you have full control over the appearance of the page. You can then leverage our RESTful APIs to populate UI pages or custom scripts with data from your tables. We'll be adding more hooks in the product for custom code in the future as well. However, this will always be secondary to our core mission of democratizing software and empowering problem-solvers in line-of-business departments to build their own applications.

Brian Cafferelli
    Product Marketing Manager | Quick Base

• 25.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-25-2021 14:04
    What about performance? The "new" version is horribly slow compared the the "old" version.

USA USA

• 26.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 14:32

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the new table report. Could you submit a support case so we can take a deeper look into these performance issues? We've optimized performance for the new style for many scenarios, but there may still be outstanding cases where we can improve.

Some information that would be helpful to include:

• When does the slow-down happen for you? ie. on initial report load or when perform a certain action like filtering/sorting/grouping etc?
      • Is it equally slow all the time? Or is it intermittent?
      • Are some reports slower than others?
    • What browser are you using? Do the performance issues improve if you use another browser?
    • Any specific examples you can provide.

If there are performance problems in the new style, we want to work to resolve them rather than just brushing them under the rug and continuing to use the old style.

Brian Cafferelli

• 27.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 14:39
      |   view attached

There is no "More" button please see snip of my screen.

Please help.

Thanks

Susan Hibbard

Contracts/Estimating Assistant

Preferred Materials, Inc.

A CRH COMPANY

5701 E. Hillsborough Avenue, Suite 1122

Tampa, Florida 33610

O +1 (813) 612 5740

D +1 (813) 901 4763

F +1 (813) 664 8526

E susan.hibbard@preferredmaterials.com

www.preferredmaterials.com

• 28.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 14:56
    Hi Susan, the More button is located on table reports. When using the report's new style, the More menu looks like 3 vertical dots. However, the screenshot you shared shows a data-entry form. What were you looking to do on your form, when you were looking for a More menu?

Brian Cafferelli

• 29.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 16:37

Thank you! I wasn't in the right place to do it.  I can now Have a great night.

Susan Hibbard

Contracts/Estimating Assistant

Preferred Materials, Inc.

A CRH COMPANY

5701 E. Hillsborough Avenue, Suite 1122

Tampa, Florida 33610

O +1 (813) 612 5740

D +1 (813) 901 4763

F +1 (813) 664 8526

E susan.hibbard@preferredmaterials.com

www.preferredmaterials.com

• 30.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 17:34
    Ivan,

There is a user voice the Mark (YQB) started that explains the show on load is abysmal. That is probably the biggest issue in the speed.

But grid edit is monumentally bugged at this time as well. Half the time it just shows a blank report. It doesn't save your sorting. It's just not working. I am surprised the rollout of the new reports came, its honestly embarrassing trying to justify it to my team as to what is going on. Suggest toggling everyone to the old style until the new style is ready for use.

Mike Tamoush

• 31.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 12:31
    New Style is not done. Sorry, but that is what we are seeing in the wild.

Cannot filter using OR. - If end user wants to search for more than one string in a single field using the filter icon doesn't do OR. User selects multiple items and result is blank even though the string exists the New Style report doesn't handle OR.

Cannot filter using "Does not Contain" - If User wants to show all except the one string selected. The New Style report only returns matching values.

The New Style report only does one thing. The old style report does two or three things. The old style report has more value.

Recommend making the goal of releasing the New Style report equal to when the New Style report meets or exceeds the functionality of the current more functional Old Style report tool. Until this goal is met provide an option to disable the New Style report in the Admin Console. This solution allows the Customers the ability to continue being able to actually get work done without the inconvenience of dealing with the Quickbase development lifecycle.

Users who are in EA should only see the New Style as default in Apps where they have chosen to take part in EA.

It's pretty simple. It is also obvious to me on a daily basis the New Style report is not ready for GA. Since Quickbase Dev disagrees, give us the option to decide democratically by switch back to the Old Style and let us decide.

Jim Harrison

• 32.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 13:22
    QB Dev,

Please, please, please! Let us "turn off" NEW STYLE at the ADMIN or USER level.

We have no argument against your progress reasoning (and related phylosophical arguments), we just want to get our jobs done in the most efficient manner available.

We are asking for a choice to default to "OLD" instead of defaulting to "NEW". It's that simple.

The "Favorite" choice is also missing from the toolbar when in NEW STYLE.

Thanks in advance for considering this request.

Erlan Rice

• 33.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 15:10
    Date is center justified
    Time is right justified

No option to control justification.

Jim Harrison

• 34.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 15:12
    Changing Column size and printing resets column size to default.

Column size should remain as set by User in print.

Jim Harrison

• 35.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 17:43
    Hi Jim, I just wanted to clarify that this is a known limitation of the new table report style. The new style is available when you open a report from the Reports & Charts panel, and when you add a report to a new dashboard. However there are a few places where the legacy style will display for the time being - and that includes when printing or emailing table reports. This would be a good item for Uservoice (https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quickbase-product-feedback).

Brian Cafferelli

• 36.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 07-21-2021 13:37
    It's horrible, please make it go away.

Royce Patton

• 37.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-12-2021 15:24
    Dear whoever is currently in charge of QBase Development:

For the love of God.....

Please either make it so we can globally turn off the "new style".
    or
    Make the "new style" load faster than a one-legged dog on tranquilizers.

The "new style" is hot garbage, and you should be ashamed of yourself for forcing it on paying customers.

USA USA

• 38.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-12-2021 15:36
    USA want to start a user voice for this? I will use every available vote to support. The new reports are no where near ready, and are COMPLETELY unusable. I'm astonished that they don't have a constant string of complaints every day.

Mike Tamoush

• 39.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-12-2021 20:32
    I'm pretty certain of 2 things related to the "New Style".
    1. There are probably multiple UserVoice entries already submitted
    2. Users and Developers will have to get used to the fact that the UI is changing
    This is not the first time the UI has changed and it won't be the last, but the changes are in support of a new and better interface. Yes, there are problems with some functions / features in the "New Style", but these are being addressed.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 40.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-13-2021 09:02

The main thing is the performance... or lack thereof.

As for "but the changes are in support of a new and better interface", yea... going to have to disagree with your obviously slanted opinion.

Do the developers even use their own product? Or do they just test stuff on a tiny test app? 

The Devs were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

As I said before, the "New Look" is hot garbage.

USA USA

• 41.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-13-2021 10:19
    Blake,

I understand their desire to revamp, especially with the long term vision and what this new style will allow them to do down the road. What I disagree with, is them changing everyone over when it is still woefully inadequate, riddled with bugs, impossibly slow with the load on scroll, etc. It's like the forced change to Pipelines. I like Pipelines and understand the direction, but don't force it until you at least make it use-able.

Mike Tamoush

• 42.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-01-2021 16:25
    Just checking in.

Quickbase's "new style" still sucks as bad as it did when I made the original post above back on 12-31-2020.

- It is still horribly slow
    - It is still full of bugs

I liken it to Fallout 76. (For those that might know what I am talking about)

Any idea if/when it will be fixed?

Sam Lopresti

• 43.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 11:09
    I don't think it will ever be fixed. They are so committed to it, even though it's worthless. They can't admit that they pushed it on us too early.

The only possibility would be if we could reach enough account users, and large account users that band together and state we will not renew our licenses or stop paying until they give us a working product. Money is the only thing that would change their mind at this point.

Unfortunately, I do not know that we can get that level of organization together between developers, but if someone can spearhead, I would be on board. Like I said in my post above, I am excited and understanding of the New Form and Pipelines, but am not on board with them forcing them both on us before they are ready for use.

Michael Tamoush

• 44.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 11:26
    We have a meeting today with Boginya Ventsislavova Product Manager to discuss an email I received text below:

Begin quote
    "We are reaching out as we saw your Community post. Let me first say that we appreciate your time in capturing this performance problem with the table report. We'd love to better understand the problems you're having. It would be very helpful if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions for us:

• When did you notice this performance issue - did it recently get worse? In your mind, when would you say it was "okay-ish" and when do you feel it got worse?
    • Does enabling "searchable" in the field properties for "Avg Score" affect the performance most?
    • Does any other field by itself affect the performance greatly when turning "searchable" back on?
    • Can you also confirm for us the filed types you have in place? We do suspect you're using a formula field, although we wanted to be sure about this assumption."
    End quote

I'll update this post if we come to any conclusions or realizations after the meeting. If that doesn't satisfy I agree with Michael to continue to drive a solution.

Jim Harrison

• 45.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 11:58
    Thx Jim,
    I have some examples of slow reports which may help them identify issues, so I'd appreciate if I  could also speak to the PM.

I have found that unlike the old report, the speed of the new ones is device dependent, especially where there are Rich Text fields on the report.  ie if you are on a hot machine, the reports render more quickly than if you are on say a slow iPad, whereas on the old reports they were device independent.

Mark Shnier
    Your Quickbase Coach, QSP
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 46.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 15:13
    Today's meeting went well. It seems that summary and report link fields may be of interest in reducing performance. The QB Team was also very interested in the results of removing the "Searchable" property from fields that don't need to be searched.

ParkerC is going to arrange another meeting where he and I can look at performance stats in Chrome for sometime next week.

@Mark - if you have links to reports that are public? If not how do we arrange that other than setting up another meeting and getting you invited? I'll ask Parker if he's game.

Jim Harrison

• 47.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 15:33
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 09-02-2021 15:58
    The reports are not public as they are form a client app.  I would love to demo the speed differences on that particular report.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 48.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 15:34
    Jim/Mark,

Do you have some reports that load fast, and others slow? I find that any table or report on the new style is just agonizingly slow in every way - initial load time, load on scroll, filtering, searching, etc. To me it's not a specific issue, it's just every part of it is very slow. I'm not sure it matters if I have 20 records, or 200,000 records, though I haven't extensively tested that. Is this different than your experience?

Michael Tamoush

• 49.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 15:43

I find it unbelievable that the QBase Devs don't know that the "new style" is not hot garbage. 

We are being strung along in an endless, unwanted alpha-test.

Sam Lopresti

• 50.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 15:50
    Hi Michael,

The jury is out. I really don't have the bandwidth to test times with precision. On average I would say we consistently see reports loading slowly in all Apps, there is some improvement when clearing the "Searchable" check box and removing summary and report link fields.

What we need is reproducible steps that we can all try out and compare notes. To investigate try loading on a different device. Using a different network bandwidth. Using a different network. Then change the field properties and remove fields until there is a difference.

Look forward to hearing your experience.

Jim Harrison

• 51.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-02-2021 17:18
    Quickbase has engaged with me to have a demo session next week for examples of reports where the load times are very different old vs new.  The underlaying report  takes under 2 seconds to process according to the performance Analyzer.  That is the same for the old and new report.  The old report loads in 5 seconds (so say 3 seconds to get the data onto my screen after the 2 seconds of processing time).  The new report is 10 - 15 seconds depending on the browser, so 8 to 13 seconds to get the data rendered on the screen after the Quickbase servers have assembled the data.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 52.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-04-2021 09:02
    Here we are, two more months later with no change.

It is absurd that we have to endure a never-ending broken alpha test of a product that many of us are PAYING thousands of dollars a month for.

My entire company has just resigned themselves to coming in every morning, opening all the usual things they use and turning off the "New Style" on every one of them because it is just a pile of broken garbage.

Sam Lopresti

• 53.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-04-2021 09:07
    If it is any solace, I can tell you that they are aware of the slowness issue and are actively working to make improvements.   They told me it's high on their priority list.  I guess it's not an easy problem to solve.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 54.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-04-2021 09:17

Since they freaking know it is broken, why don't they make the default of the "New Style" equal to OFF.

You know, so we all don't have to waste our time turning it off on multiple apps every damn morning.

Sam Lopresti

• 55.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-04-2021 13:16
    Edited by Jim Harrison 11-04-2021 13:24
    From Porland OR, the latest release has caused significant performance degredation. We are seeing the same hang times as before we met with QB. Uncertain why but I am hoping @Boginya Ventsislavova is listening.​

Jim Harrison

• 56.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-04-2021 18:41
    A Recent Blog Article talks about the Performance Issue.
    https://community.quickbase.com/blogs/brian-cafferelli1/2021/10/28/performance-improvements-coming-to-the-new-table-r

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 57.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-08-2021 11:22

No thanks Evan,

I prefer it to be addressed publicly.

As MANY other posts in this chain have pointed out, there are big issues with QuickBase that are falling on deaf ears.

Many of us are tired of alpha-testing QuickBase changes (ie: unwanted experiments) that should not have been forced upon us in the first place.

Find another Guinea pig.

Sam Lopresti

• 58.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-08-2021 14:33
    Hi Sam,

Thank you for letting us know that you would rather not schedule time to share feedback directly with the product team. When someone active in community shares their frustrations, we want to make sure we record their feedback accurately and that we aren't missing out on the specifics of their experiences. To do that, we give them the chance to voice their concerns in a live conversation so we may directly address them.

As Mark mentioned above, we do have a recent article addressing plans to continue investing in performance for the new table report style. All of our community members can expect to hear more from us on new table reports in the community and in our future release notes as we continue to roll out enhancements. Performance is an ongoing process here at Quickbase, so as we make adjustments to our plans to address new table reports and customer experience we will communicate them.

Evan Martinez

• 59.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 11-08-2021 14:41
    >"As Mark mentioned above, we do have a recent article addressing plans to continue investing in performance for the new table report style."

The original post: 12-31-2020

It's been almost a year.

Sam Lopresti

• 60.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-20-2022 08:29
    It's now 05/20/2022 ..... and the "New Interface" still slow.... and still sucks.

Sam Lopresti

• 61.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-20-2022 10:12

Sam,

Completely agree with you. Still is impossibly slow, and half the time it shows a blank screen (maybe due to caching? bugs? not sure).

It's terrible. Why they can't default to the old style until they fix it is beyond me. It is undoubtedly the current worst part about Quickbase. I for one will advise people NOT to purchase Quickbase until they fix this. It's wildly important.​

Mike Tamoush

• 62.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-20-2022 10:36
    I love quick base but I cannot stand that they release new features as beta versions (at best).  Not related to table reports but we have the new dashboard charts came in and messed up a few mission critical reports for us on our executive dashboard for revenue projections etc.  I reached out to support and the answer is we see the issue and are working on it.  I said can we revert back until its fixed, this is critical for me.  The answer was no we cannot and we will work on it but it might take some time to fix it.

Just put it back and do not test things until they are thoroughly tested and limited released.  Now I have to submit manual information outside of quick base for some financials as the charts dont scale right.

You cannot push out features as "beta versions". People need to sign up as beta users.  As the developer on our side I do not mind my view being a beta view so we can take advantage of new features and provide feedback.  But I cannot have the owner of my company in a beta environment.

Ivan Weiss

• 63.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-20-2022 11:32

I would agree there is a heavy pause when loading pages with simple table views. The first thing I do after waiting for the page to load is disable the new style report, then I can get work done.

If you click the New Style toggle too soon, it loads the Add Page and then you have to navigate back to the New Style, wait 10-15 seconds for the page to load and then disable the New Style report. We are consistently seeing long load times across multiple apps with various table sizes.

I would really love a default setting at the app level to set the New Style to off so we can be democratic about the preferred report.

Please Quickbase can we have a disable New Style by default setting in the App Properties.

Jim Harrison

• 64.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-23-2022 09:43
    Edited by Brian Cafferelli 05-23-2022 09:43

Thank you for the feedback - it's important that you tell us when things are working well and, more importantly, when things aren't working the way you expect. It helps us build a better product, and we appreciate the passion around making the product better.

Due in large part to your feedback, we're fixing many of the issues that have been discussed in this thread. Please keep an eye on our release notes for information about future improvements to the table report. We plan to make exciting progress in this area in the very near future.

In addition, we will continue to release features in a beta state so that we can gather customer input. We will release bugs. We will also fix those bugs. In the case you mentioned, Ivan, we plan to deploy a fix this week. If you haven't already, please submit a support case so we can tie it to the issue in our systems. This ensures you are updated once the issue is resolved.

Again, while we appreciate the candor here, there are better avenues to raise issues like this to get a response from the Quickbase Product Team.

1. For any bugs or performance issues you encounter while using any part of the product, please submit a tech support case. Our team will help you triage the issue, determine if there is a product bug you've encountered, and recommend performance optimizations if applicable.

2. For any feedback regarding the Quickbase Product, we encourage you to post that in our Feedback platform which can be found by clicking the Give Feedback Icon to the left of the apps on your My Apps page. To learn how we use your feedback, you can watch this Quick Hit from Empower 2022, recorded by one of our product managers.

Thanks again for the discussion,

Brian

Brian Cafferelli

• 65.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-23-2022 09:53
    Right. We have been hearing that same lip-service for over two years now.

Please default the "New Style" to off until you guys get your act together. It is quite an irritant for our entire company to have to turn it off on every app, on every table just to be able to use QuickBase.

Were tired of being your beta Guinea pigs.

Sam Lopresti

• 66.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-23-2022 10:23
    Agree with Sam. When our number 1 feedback is, please let us default the new report off until you have the main frustrations sorted out (particularly how painfully slow it is to load and that it conflicts with caching and simply doesn't even show your records), and we are still in the same situation over a year later, it discourages us from leaving any feedback because you are communicating that you don't care about our feedback.

To encourage feedback, you need to demonstrate our feedback matters.

Mike Tamoush

• 67.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-24-2022 15:13
    +1  Style should come second to performance. I'd suggest Quickbase Product Team should be required to submit all their reports, forms, etc. internally solely within Quickbase so they can truly get a pulse on what matters to the end user. Loading time is one of the biggest factors in any service and just a small delay creates a whole different experience.

Justin Burchell

• 68.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 07-18-2022 21:38
    Please, please have an option to disable this feature.  The first thing I do in every report I view is disable it.  I have given it a chance and it's just not better than the old set up.  We used the dynamic filters all the time to drill down in our reports.  The old set up was so much cleaner and easier to quickly see the data for what it is.  Also, really miss the summary reports.  Please bring these back.

jonathan duke

• 69.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 09-14-2022 12:46

UPDATE: 
    Performance improvements for table report style

Over the past several months, we've been developing a faster version of new table reports. This new version keeps the modern look-and-feel of the new table report style, while significantly improving loading and scrolling performance. We'd like to thank those of you who took the time to engage with us and help us understand your pain points, so that we can provide you with the right solution.

• Our release schedule has changed slightly to combine all remaining phases into a single update on September 26th. In the previous phases, we received compelling feedback on the fixed column widths and we felt it is in our users' best interest to address the problem moving forward with the release.
    • After 9/26 all users in the previous phases will see the column widths change

It "seems" like performance has improved. Thoughts?

Jim Harrison

• 70.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 12-12-2022 17:00
    We ALL HATE IT!  Why is there not an option to turn it off?  I can't believe this is something QB wants to force on people.  It's slow, buggy, and just plain sucks.

Bryan Fichtner

• 71.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 01-03-2024 18:02

Hi all.  Sorry to necro this thread. But has there been any effort to maybe perhaps allow us to have the old style as default? So for those who like the new style can switch to new style when desired?  

Christian Day

• 72.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 01-04-2024 10:17

Unlikely. Given the new forms are the present and future it's unlikely that any development time will be given to defaulting the old versions.

Chayce Duncan

• 73.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 01-04-2024 10:34

I think Christian is referring to Table Reports. 

my own opinion is that I don't hate the new reports, they just have their advantages and disadvantages compared to the old style. And I have long maintained that users should be able to decide which version they want on a particular report for their day-to-day work. I think about the worker bees, who just use Quickbase all day long and prefer one version over another.

Unfortunately, this forum is not an effective way to communicate with product managers.   

my understanding is that when you flipped to the old style report, it will remember your preference for the day, but then reset overnight. I have employed product managers to make that decision more sticky so it would stay with the user either forever, or at least a month.QuickBase engineers may feel that they still want the features of the new report to be discoverable as they plan enhancements in the future. So if you were locked into the old style report forever, you may not even realize that there are new features.

quickBase engineers may feel that they still want the features of the new report to be discoverable as they plan enhancements in the future. So if you were locked into the old style report forever, you may not even realize that there are new features.

So having said all that the only way to affect basis to put in a  suggestion into the user voice tab, which is on my apps page at the left and suggest that the selection of old style for new style on a particular report should maintain your choice for a much longer time than just the current day.   

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 74.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 01-04-2024 11:09

I just went and looked at My Feedback and all the "set Old Style as default report" are closed. If you create a new feedback, please post if here and I will vote for it. 

I agree with Mark some features are useful and others are not. I tried to get Quickbase to give us default old style as an option but no luck. Every time I mentioned it the room got quiet. I am happy to continue the effort as New Style reports are stagnant in feature improvements and going backwards in performance. I think we need more people and more effort to make this happen.

Jim Harrison

• 75.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 01-04-2024 11:21

In the hopes that QB actually reads this thread, I'll chime in. I agree that there are some great improvements on the new report style. However, it seems in the last few years QB has adopted a new strategy of doing whatever they want despite what all their customers are screaming for. I don't feel like this was always theirs strategy, they used to really put the end user (and customers) first.

They do seem to be going backwards, and I hope they stop for one second and listen to their users at some point. And not just listen, but actually respond to their requests. They have been great at meeting with me to gain my perspective, but so far I am yet to see anything actually come to fruition.

Still a huge QB fan, but in the last couple years constantly disappointed by their decision making.

Mike Tamoush

• 76.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 01-05-2024 09:00

My coworker recently spoke about how they require the Enterprise level plan to hide the Exchange feature. The general users have no desire or knowledge on what to do with it. Considering they lack admin rights within an app and the ability to build apps in my Realm, the Exchange feature becomes redundant and impractical for their use. So, pay money to get rid of it or explain to everyone who asks about it that it is useless to them. 

Justin White