Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Burnup Chart - Running Totals

Posted 05-10-2022 08:30
    Good morning,

I'm trying to create a line chart that shows a running total of the number of installs completed each week. I'm able to show the number completed each week, but I also need to show the running total.

e.g.
    Week 1 completed 5, running total=5
    Week2 completed 5, running total=10

Is this something I can do with a report formula?

TIA
    Kim

------------------------------
    Kim

• 2.  RE: Burnup Chart - Running Totals

Posted 05-10-2022 08:32
    The easiest way to do this is either with a summary report where you select running totals for one of the summaries or else for a chart, you can use a waterfall chart type.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Burnup Chart - Running Totals

Posted 05-10-2022 08:37
    Mark,

You ROCK as always! Waterfall chart is exactly what I needed!

Thank you,

Kim

Kim

• 4.  RE: Burnup Chart - Running Totals

Posted 05-10-2022 09:24
    Here's another twist though. They want to include in this same chart, a weekly forecast with a running total as well. So each week, they forecast 5 installs will be completed.

Week 1 forecast = 5, Running Total = 5
    Week 2 forecast = 5, Running Total =10... etc.

This forecast number is not something that is specific to each store, so not sure how to do that.

Kim

• 5.  RE: Burnup Chart - Running Totals

Posted 05-10-2022 09:34
    That makes it more complicated.  An expedient solution would be a button to land the user  on a page which has two separate waterfall charts and then the users can kind of visually compare.  

But I think if do you want it all on one graph then I think it can be done by having a table of weeks and then you would have to have a two formula queries to calculate your running totals.  The syntax for those formulas is a little more complicated so I'm not sure I could just whip that up quickly on this community forum. If you want it badly enough you would have to contact me directly for some one-on-one consulting assistance or else hope that someone else is willing to help you on this forum with the formulas for those Formula Queries.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Burnup Chart - Running Totals

Posted 05-10-2022 09:51
    Thanks Mark,

I'm meeting with the users tomorrow. Will reach out if we can't figure it out.

Kim