Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Color Coding Blank Dates

Posted 08-03-2021 13:57
    Hello. 

I don't know if this is possible but I have tried several formulas to no avail. I am trying to assign a color to show if a field has a blank date in a report. like this:

------------------------------
    Jessica Stevens

• 2.  RE: Color Coding Blank Dates

Posted 08-05-2021 11:39
    Edited by Evan Martinez 08-05-2021 11:41
    Hi Jessica,

In order to color code individual fields like your example for reporting it actually takes two fields. One would be holding your dates and that data as they do today and the other field would be a formula rich text field that is set up to read those fields and apply styling to them. It is a technique used a lot in building reporting and forms to highlight numbers of interest, etc. Alternatively, you can use report formulas to highlight an entire record if a date field or date fields are blank but it will highlight the entire row not just that individual field. 

A really simple example I have in one of my apps of a formula like this would be something like:

If(IsNull([Date]), "<span style=\"background-color:#76EEC6;\">" & "Not Scheduled" & "</span>", ToText([Date]))

This is just meant to display a colorized warning message when a field hasn't been entered in, you can get more or less fancy on your reports to catch the eye. Plus I'm sure there are others on the community that have built their own styling formulas. There is also a really handy application that can help with building these kind of formulas you can find here: The Automation Formula Machine

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase

• 3.  RE: Color Coding Blank Dates

Posted 05-12-2022 14:10
    Hello,
    I need further assistance with this, please. I would like the [MUD DELIVERY] field to be colorized if there is no date in the field. 
    This is the formula I have used, but it seems to be doing nothing.

[HIGHLIGHT FIELD] - Rich text formula:
    If(IsNull([MUD DELIVERY]), "<span style=\"background-color:#76EEC6;\">" & "Not Scheduled" & "</span>", ToText([MUD DELIVERY]))

BuildPro

• 4.  RE: Color Coding Blank Dates

Posted 05-12-2022 14:32
    I think I've got it to work.  Thank you

BuildPro