Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 08-05-2021 11:16
    Hello all,

A lot of you may already know this but the migration tool cannot recreate table-to-table imports in pipelines.  When I asked the support group about this, they stated I would have to recreate the table-to-table solutions in pipelines.  That was all well and good but we have 20 apps and each one has 4 or 5 imports that run daily.   But after looking around a little I've found a simple solution.

Schedule a Pipeline in the WebHook Channel: Make Request, and run the Quick Base API Call "API_RunImport" with the URL:

https://target_domain/db/target_dbid?a=API_RunImport&id=10
    &usertoken=user_token

The dbid is the db when you're in the edit section of the table to table import you want to use, and the id is on the same URL line. 

I've tried it and it works.  

• 2.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 08-06-2021 10:13
    Hi Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your technique for using the webhooks channel to kick off the process. I also just wanted to let you and others looking at Pipelines and support for Table to Table imports know that we still have plans to extend Pipelines and the automation migration tool to cover the use case of Table to Table imports in the next few months. The plan would be to create a way for Pipelines to call on existing Table to Table imports much like the webhook you are using but all in the Quickbase channel in Pipelines. We don't have a specific release targeted yet but the goal is for Q4 of 2021 for the migration tool and Pipelines so if there are automations that call table to table imports that you aren't able to easily transition today that is something we are working on.

------------------------------
    Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase

• 3.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 11-02-2022 14:08

Hi Evan,

Is the feature you described available in Pipelines yet?  I don't see it, and I have a ton of Table-to-Table imports I'd like to move over to Pipelines, and rebuilding them as bulk upsert pipelines has been prohibitively time consuming so far.

Seth Bienek

• 4.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 12-09-2022 09:19
    I'm interested in this feature as well; I tried Stephen's suggestion but I get a bad request error when the pipeline runs.

AJ Campani

• 5.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 12-09-2022 09:29
    @AJ Campani
    I do this all the time.  Please post your setup for the Pipeline step.
    Here are my cheat notes. The URL is this and then Method is POST.

https://mycompany.quickbase.com/db/xxxxxxxxxx?a=API_RunImport&id=11
    Method = POST

nothing else is required unless you need an app token.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 01-28-2023 19:02
    As always, many thanks Mark - I'm not sure what I was doing wrong initially, but I retyped the url as you suggested and it worked!

AJ Campani

• 7.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 09-11-2023 11:53

Is this feature available yet? I have several Automations that have begun failing since the support went away, that are devastating to the work process.
    I have multiple Automations that their entire job is to run Table to Table imports, but everytime I have tried to Migrate them, they fail to migrate.
    I honestly hate pipelines because it is too complicated and convoluted to even try to figure out. But right now I'm having to run all these Daily Imports by hand because automations was taken away.

Les Kimbler

• 8.  RE: Table To Table Import - Pipelines Solution

Posted 09-11-2023 12:47

Les,

See my response here https://community.quickbase.com/discussion/pipelines-functional-or-not#bm429af941-1465-41ee-87f8-4f7b1ee75e85

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com