Discussions

View Only

Button to Create Child Record, pass data through to a Code Page and require additional data entry on that Code Page

• 1.  Button to Create Child Record, pass data through to a Code Page and require additional data entry on that Code Page

Posted 05-11-2022 13:57
    There are probably easier ways to do this, but I am looking for a way to create a child record on a parent, pass some values to the child and have users add data into two fields using a code page. For ease of use, we do not  want Users to interact with the child records, other than the fields they are entering data into when the record is created (why we're using a code page).

Currently, I am able to create a code page that will Add a record to a table with as many field updates as I want, but I am unable to relate this record to a parent.

Additionally, I am able to create a child record, pass certain values to the child and redirect the user to a code page for data entry into one field. That Button lives on the parent record, and the code page opens a field for users to enter a value for a field (see line 9 of the screenshot below, that is the field where the data entry is dropped into):

borrowed code page from the Magic Buttons application

Now if only I could do the combination of these. Anyone have any ideas?
    I've researched the Code Pages Sample App, but all I can find in there is how to create and edit a record using a code page. I did not find anything around creating a child record.

------------------------------
    Eric Evans Vargas
    ------------------------------