Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Correct format for Address in Pipelines, if field name has a space

Posted 04-08-2022 18:09
    Edited by Mike Tamoush 08-07-2023 13:19

I recently had trouble having a pipeline populate one address to another. My originating address field had a space in the name, and I thought I just needed to include an underscore to make it work. It turns out, that is not the case. Through testing and customer support's help, the correct syntax is:

{{a['Address 1_city']}}

as opposed to

{{a.Address 1_city}} or {{a.Address_1_city}}

Hope this helps others who run into this unfortunate bug!

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Correct format for Address in Pipelines, if field name has a space

Posted 04-10-2022 02:02
    Thank you , this would be infinitely useful to me in future

Prashant Maheshwari

• 3.  RE: Correct format for Address in Pipelines, if field name has a space

Posted 05-16-2022 15:04
    Thank you for posting this! I was just working on a pipeline with address fields and was about to report this bug.

Ryan Farrington
    Graphic designer, project manager, copywriter, engraver, internal Quick Base developer
    rfarrington@experiencepinpoint.com

• 4.  RE: Correct format for Address in Pipelines, if field name has a space

Posted 05-16-2022 19:28
    No problem. It was a real headache trying to figure out why my pipeline wasn't working! Still might be worth reporting it so you can get on the 'bug' list and they update you when it is fixed.

Mike Tamoush

• 5.  RE: Correct format for Address in Pipelines, if field name has a space

Posted 05-20-2022 07:11
    Edited by Laszlo M 05-20-2022 08:17
    Thank's for posting this!

I had real trouble finding my workaround: replacing spaces with underscores in the original field label.
    Reading through this thread I understand the problem is Pipelines is not putting together a correct JINJA syntax just assumes the field labels do not contain spaces...

In fact I have found this in the QB documentation:

Example - workaround for address fields with spaces

Address fields in Quickbase using the ‘parent’ label have the safe field name applied when creating the keys for address sub-fields in the pipelines schema. This means that any time a you try to access a sub-field of an address field that contains spaces in the name, the jinja expressions become invalid due to the spaces, or may get interpreted as a jinja expression that differs from the user’s intent.

To work with this behavior in a jinja expression, we suggest you follow these guidelines:

Properties of objects in jinja can be accessed either with the formats of {{a.my_field}} or through {{a['my_field']}}, which supports spaces in the property name.

Well, Mike, THX anyway!

Laszlo M