Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 07-25-2020 20:59
    I know how to call a Quick Base API with a Pipeline Webhook :"Make Request".

Does anyone know if it's possible (or not possible, so I don't bother to keep trying) to call a Quick Base Code Page with a pipeline?

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 07-28-2020 09:58
    Hi Mark,

I asked around with a few of the really savvy Pipelines users here at QB and they didn't think it was possible as things are right now, but they did mention that you can go the other way around and have a code page call a pipeline, though I don't know if that is of any use for what you wanted to implement.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 3.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 07-28-2020 10:22
    Thx Evan,
    I'm in discussions w/ Juiced to see if they can host this for my client.  Somehow I suspected that since the code page runs in the Browser, that initiating it from a Pipeline cannot conceptually work as there is no Browser to run in.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 09-20-2021 13:31
    Mark, was there ever any update on this? Is there now a way to call a code page with a Pipeline?

Ursula Llaveria

• 5.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 09-20-2021 13:35
    Not that I know of.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 01-29-2024 14:04

Now that we're in the year 2024, has anybody heard of any updates on this. I too would love to be able to run a scheduled pipeline that calls upon a code page

QuickBase Administrator2

• 7.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 01-29-2024 14:19
    Edited by Chayce Duncan 01-29-2024 14:19

I'll chime in and provide that it's extremely unlikely that you'll ever find a general solution that QB rolls out to autonomously run a code page. The theme of a codepage is that you can inject HTML/JS into your QB workflow - but those are specific to your browser and automatically running a codepage would mean running a headless browser to act like a user clicked a button to run what's in the code page. 

In it's place - QB already provides a solution in Pipelines. In all likelihood anything that you're doing in a codepage that you want done autonomously can be done through a Pipeline. If you're hitting a codepage where you're editing data or running some kind of process and then just redirecting the user back somewhere, in this case where there is no actual interaction / involvement from the user then Pipelines is the solution that you should be evaluating. 

Chayce Duncan

• 8.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 01-29-2024 15:46

Ahh okay. My level of understanding as it relates to the code page was lagging. Thank you for bringing me up to speed on how that works

QuickBase Administrator2

• 9.  RE: Call a Code Page with a Pipeline?

Posted 03-19-2023 12:46

Hi Evan,

I am looking to call a pipeline with a code page. Can you provide details about how I would go about doing that?

Claire Clark