Forum Discussion

BradfordFullert
Qrew Member
5 years ago

How to convert a connected table to Quick Base Table

I have a table that is a combination of a Connected CSV file and Quick Base created editable fields.   Because of this mix I am having problems keep data synchronized when one of my "Key Fields" changes.   Was wonder if there is quick trick to convert the data into a Quick Base Table and remove the connection?

------------------------------
Bradford Fullerton

6 Replies

BradfordFullert
      Qrew Member
      Brian...  That is great news.   I guess this may have been ask for awhile from customers that initially do a connected approach then come to realization that they shouldn't have gone down that path.    My new rule when I am building an app will be to use connected csv for changing data  only in "Child" tables only.

Bradford Fullerton
      TateForgey
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I actually want to do the opposite.  I created an app prototype with an exported file of Employee, but now need to have that data sourced from a connected table to more easily facilitate daily refreshes.  The existing table has a lot of additional Quick Base fields I don't want to have to recreate if I don't have to.

Do you have any advice on the easiest way to transfer a table to be connected?  Is my only option to create a new connected table and recreate all the relationships and Quick Base fields in that new table?

Tate Forgey
        BrianCafferelli
        Qrew Captain
        Hi Tate,

Where would you like to source that data from? We do not have a way to convert a standard table into a connected table, but you may be able to start importing the data using Pipelines instead. You can see here what integration channels are available for Pipelines: Channels.

Thanks,
        Brian

Brian Cafferelli