Forum Discussion

ChrisHeim
Qrew Member
9 months ago

Adding records using multiple forms

Hello,

I have been loking for a solution to my problem but havent had any luck. I have a table i am using in multiple relationships as a way of tracking line items for different uses. For one relationship, the default form to add a new record is fine, but for the other relationship i want to use a different form, since not all the fields are relevant. I saw in other threads i can do this by changing the fid in the formula below to the form i want to use but it always seems to go to the default form no matter what number i put there.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_COUNT_LIST] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_10=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

------------------------------
Chris Heim

2 Replies

• The fid below is referring to 'Field ID' which is setting field ID 10 to the record ID. The addition you need is dfid for the form id (Which @QuickBaseCoach Dev./Training once said he remembers by saying in his head 'da form id' and now i can never get that out of my head).

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_COUNT_LIST] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&dfid=xx&_fid_10=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

Mike Tamoush
      ChrisHeim
      Qrew Member

That worked! Thank you for your help Mike.

Chris Heim