Forum Discussion

JakeWilliams
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Azure Active Directory Access Token

Hello,

I am working in Pipelines and am trying to send request to Azure Active Directory in order to receive an access token to be used to ping a secure third party API. I have tried multiple methods but each comes back with problems. When I try to use the Auth section of the webhook it says I'm missing the "client_secret". When I try to make the auth call its own web hook it doesn't see the "grant_type" in the body.

Has anyone done something like this? If so how? Or is there some documentation somewhere to go off?

------------------------------
Jake Williams

3 Replies

• To get your "client secret," you have to register QuickBase as an app in AAD.  While I haven't configured QB specifically, I've done a number of them in Azure...its always the same issue.  You'll need to register the app, then grant permissions for the app in Azure.

I could help you with that if you want.  Just PM me.

Ryan Buschmeyer
      JakeWilliams
      Qrew Member
      Hey Ryan,

I do have an App configured in Azure for this project. When I run the pipeline it does register that the client-secret was added in the input options, it just returns an error as if its not seeing it.

I can ping azure with the same secret, link, and client_id in postman and get a 200OK response.

Jake Williams
        RyanBuschmeyer1
        Qrew Trainee
        Ok, I was reading that incorrectly then.

Ryan Buschmeyer