Forum Discussion

BobThomas1
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Backup Form Before Modifying

I have a question on backing up a form. 

I have a form that has 32 fields. I am about to make some changes, and will be removing several fields from the form & replacing them with a more meaningful description. 

So instead of saying Hardware Serial No. 12345, it will say something like:

Microsoft Corporation
Model Surface Pro 7+
Computer Name AHL-SURF-1850
Operating System Win 11 Pro x64

But if I decide I don't like what I have done, I want to be able to go back to previous form and start over. 

Is there a way to backup and restore? 

Alternatively I will copy & paste into a Word document and print out and put in a file, so that if I need to go back I know for sure what the fields and form looked like.

This seems like an inefficient way to do this, but from my experience in some Website builders I used for a former client, that is what I did because there was no backup when you made changes. 

Any ideas?

------------------------------
Bob T.

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger

np
    You can easily copy a form with one click. When you go to your list of forms, even if it is just one form on the list there's an icon over to the right. You can have many Forms as you like. so before you do anything you might regret just make a copy of the form, and name it appropriately. 

In addition, as soon as you have more than one form in a table a new section opens up in the forms management area  to control forms usage.  That allows you to specify which forms get used either as the default form or you can kind of go crazy with different forms for different roles in different forms for different reports.

So bottom line, just make a copy of the form before you make significant changes and then if you need to you can simply roll back to using a previous saved form by changing the default Form in Forms Usage. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BobThomas1
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Mark, 

That was easy, I will do that. 

I will make a copy before any changes.

Bob T.