Forum Discussion

TapishBij
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Bulk selection and record creation.

Hello,

I have two tables with parent and child relation. It is setup to create a record in child table with a single click on parent table record. One click in "add record" column of the parent table create a record in child table. Is there a way I can select multiple record and create a single record in child table. Most often I need to create a single record for single entry. But once in a while, we get bulk where all the entries in parent table are similar and will suffice with single entry with multiple ids/references. 
Thank you so much for your help. 

------------------------------
Tapish Bij

4 Replies

• Are you saying that you want, for example to flag 10 Parent records say in Grid Edit mode (say a checkbox field) , and then upon save, have them each, respectively, get 1 child record created for each?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TapishBij
      Qrew Member

That would work too. Is there a way that, 10% record from Grid edit get only one child record (combined with reference IDs)? If not, how do can I do the option you suggested? Thank you. 

Tapish Bij
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger

I'm confused by what you are asking for.  Are you asking for that One Child to be connected to say 10 Parents?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com