Forum Discussion

StephanieB
Qrew Member
12 months ago

Combine values into new field with count

We have way too many statuses. I want to combine several status values together to create an "In Progress" count of records so that I can have a cleaner summary table that doesn't show all of the statuses.

I am pretty new to all of this so hoping someone can help me out.

Example of COMPLETED status might contain the following values:

Accepted
Sent
Completed

Then I would like to display an NEW, CANCELLED, IN PROGRESS, COMPLETED summary report that is nicer to look at than the 30 statuses we currently have.

Any help appreciated! 

------------------------------
Stephanie B

2 Replies

• Hi Stephanie,

To combine some of these statuses into one field I created a new formula-text field and used the following formula...

Case([Status], 
    "Accepted", "COMPLETED", 
    "Sent", "COMPLETED", 
    "Completed", "COMPLETED",
    "", "NEW")

It works by using your current status field and changing the input value into the output directly next to it. So for example, "Accepted" in your old status field would turn into "COMPLETED" in this field. You can also add in any additional inputs and simply change the output to "NEW", "IN PROGRESS" or "CANCELLED", like I did with the last line.  Here it is displayed in a quick report I created!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or the formula does not work correctly as you intended.

Tyler Foster
    Associate Developer
    Synctivate Inc.
      StephanieB
      Qrew Member

Thank you so much!!! 

Stephanie B