Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Conditional multi-select field based on values in another multi-select field?

Posted 11-14-2022 13:31
    Hi - I've searched but can't find a similar use case to mine....

I have a multi-select text field where users can choose all of the products related to the content they are submitting.

When we promote the content, we can only show 5 products max. So I need the user to tell me which 5 products to show.

Right now, I have two fields: [Products All] and [Products to Promote]
    The response options in both fields are identical.

The user selects up to 20 in the [Products All] field then selects the 5 they want to promote in the [Products to Promote]

You would be amazed at how many people choose [Products to Promote] which they did not choose in [Products All]

Is there a way to make the response options in the [Products to Promote] field mirror what the user has chosen in the [Products All] field (so they can choose their 5 products from this filtered list)?

------------------------------
    Karen Henke

• 2.  RE: Conditional multi-select field based on values in another multi-select field?

Posted 11-14-2022 13:35
    Hello, I think this guy is better at controlling relationships.

Have a table with the products you selected and only from that table can you select the products to promote.

Marcelo Benavides Torres

• 3.  RE: Conditional multi-select field based on values in another multi-select field?

Posted 11-14-2022 14:50
    It would be possible to come up with a formula for a warning message to tell the user that they have selected invalid choice(s) to promote.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com