Forum Discussion

ChrisSwirtz3
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Creating a Code Page that displays a Message and 2 action buttons

In my app I have a form that has a button that when clicked will display a message that prompts the user to take certain next steps. That works fine, however, the client wants a button on the home page that does the same thing. I was wondering if someone can help me create a button that will take the user to a code page that displays the message and the shows 2 buttons, one will change the change the status field on a form to "Cancelled", the other will just navigate back to the home page.

------------------------------
Chris Swirtz

7 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    I would just land the user on an alternate mini form with 2 buttons, and forget the code page.  Do you know how to specify an alternate for  in a URL with &dfid=10, where 10 is the alternate form #?

URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=dr&dfid=10&rid=" & [Record ID#]
    ā€‹

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChrisSwirtz3
      Qrew Member
      Hey Mark,

Thanks for this! It actually worked great, for the most part anyway. I created a button to go on the form and on the reports on the home page that takes the user to that alternate form I created which displays the warning message that says to either continue cancellation by clicking the cancel button below or to click on your home button. Might add another button to take them back to edit mode on the main form so they can continue working if they want. The problem I run into is the Cancel button the Cancellation form is setup to change the Status field and then navigate to the Home Page. But in order to change the Status field it needs to look for the Record ID, which is not available when Adding a new record. Clicking the button to take the user to the Cancellation page does save the record first before opening the next Form, but the Cancellation form opens in Add mode versus Edit mode of the record  that was just created. Any ideas on how to modify this option so it works in Add mode too?

Chris Swirtz
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        Can you post your code for the cancel button?
        Are you asking for the cancel button to work in Add Mode?  Like a user would be adding a record in cancelled Status?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com