Forum Discussion

LyndaSchutter
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Creating a Discussion board

I am working on creating a discussion board and struggling with connecting records.
I was able to create a discussion board based on the sample on in QuickBase Builder, but cannot get the thread ID to populate and connect.

Is there a class that will take me through start to finish on how to create a discussion board?

------------------------------
Lynda Schutter

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    I doubt that there is a specific class specifically for Discussion Boards.  But if you have a specific question we can try to help you.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LyndaSchutter1
      Qrew Trainee
      When I reply to a post in my new discussion board, the reply does not connect to the original question.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the thread ID

On the discussion board in  quickbase builder, the thread ID number auto populates.
      I mirrored the formulas into my build, but still cannot get the id to populate.

I have a URL formula for the reply as
      URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_32=" & If(Length(ToText([Thread ID])) = 0, ToText([Record ID#]), ToText([Thread ID])) & "&_fid_6=" & URLEncode([Subject])

and the Thread url is
      URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=s&query=" & If(Length(ToText([Thread ID])) > 0, "{'32'.EX.'" & ToText([Thread ID]) & "'}OR{'3'.EX.'" & ToText([Thread ID]) & "'}", "{'32'.EX.'" & ToText([Record ID#]) & "'}OR{'3'.EX.'" & ToText([Record ID#]) & "'}") & "&clist=6.10.12.30.4&slist=6.3&opts=sortorder-A.groupby-V.nos."

Lynda Schutter