Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Creating file attachment audit log using pipeline

Posted 09-08-2022 17:04
    Hi,

Is there any way we can track before/after values of the file attachment field in the history table using pipeline? I don't know if file name remains same and user changes content and upload it again then pipeline would be able to identify it. Or will have to change filename every time so pipeline can track the change. 

I've built pipeline to capture text fields  (using below link) but not sure how to handle file attachment field. Please advice. 

https://community.quickbase.com/blogs/evan-martinez1/2021/09/20/creatingdatachangelogsusingpipelines

Thanks,
    Mrunali

------------------------------
    Mrunali Kadam

• 2.  RE: Creating file attachment audit log using pipeline

Posted 09-08-2022 18:45
    You can create a child table and there is a pipeline step in the Quickbase channel to handle file attachments.  So create a new child with the attachment whenever the file attachment changes.  I have not tested so let us know if the pipeline will trigger when a newer version of the file attachment is uploaded with the same name.

If you are going to have that history table, then you can set the field property of the main file attachment field to just retain 1 version back - thus saving on File attachment space limits.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Creating file attachment audit log using pipeline

Posted 09-09-2022 12:11
    Sounds great! thank you Mark!

Mrunali Kadam