Forum Discussion

AdamKeever1
Qrew Commander
2 years ago

CSV upload limit?

Is there a limit to the number of records or file size for CSV upload? A file I have been uploading increasing in size daily uploaded fine until today and now I get this message (pretty sure it's not the network on my end):

------------------------------
Adam Keever

5 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    There is a limit but I can't lay my hands on a published statement of what that limit is. Clearly you have hit it. I believe it is based on the file size and not the number of records, so if you have a lot of columns then it will allow you fewer Rows.

A workaround is to break the import into two separate imports.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • So there is a limit, but I hit thanks to being upgraded to Office 365 on a new laptop...

The version of Excel that I ran my macros in was set to auto save and it saved my macro file after 5 tabs of data were added so when I ran it the next time it compiled nearly double the data.

I removed the extra 5 tabs of data and was able to import/merge my data as usual. Problem solved.

For reference, the file contains 3,600,917 cells of data and the file is 76,728 KB and it imports just fine. The file with duplicate data contains 6,379,655 cells of data and the file is 124,958 KB and does not import.

The limit is somewhere in between.

Adam Keever
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew #1 Challenger
      100 MB is a nice round number between those two brackets. Maybe that's the limit.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com