Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Edit Button

Posted 11-09-2022 12:47
    Hello Quickbase Community, 

I need to create a button where I can edit a record from another table [_DBID_CLIENTES] related to my current table [_DBID_AUTOS] and return to the previous site.

Example: I am associating a car to a customer but I need to edit the data of that customer and come back.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Herberth Solano

• 2.  RE: Edit Button

Posted 11-09-2022 13:05
    Edited by Ryan Buschmeyer 11-09-2022 13:08
    You definitely should be able to do that.  There are several members of this community who will be able to help with specific code. Essentially, you'll create a Formula URL button that opens an API_EditRecord link.  Then you'll need to get it to redraw back to your original location.

There is an app available in the Exchange called "Magic Buttons" that is amazingly useful for this type of development on your own.
    Also, the API Boot Camp application that is bundled with the API training sessions from Quickbase University.

Ryan Buschmeyer

• 3.  RE: Edit Button

Posted 11-09-2022 19:12
    Not tested but try this as a formula URL field.  I assume that one Client has Many Auto's

var txt EditClient = URLRoot() & "db/ & [_DBID_CLIENTES] & "?a=er&rid=" & [Related Client];

var text DisplayAuto=URLRoot() & "db/ & dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & [Record ID#];

$EditClient
    & "&NextURL=" & URLEncode( $DisplayAuto)

// if this does not work please post your formula and the error message.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com