Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  External Form for Non Users

Posted 11-22-2022 16:33
    Hello,

I am trying to create a form that a non user within my company fills out that will then create a record in an app I have in QuickBase. I made a Google Form and used Zapier. The new record was created but no fields had the data in them. 

I also attempted the EOTI, but that is just a little above my abilities/ knowledge. I have the HTML code but do not know where to go from there. 

I then tried pipelines... which these seems like it would be the easiest thing to achieve since I already have the Google Form, but I don't have the option to create a new pipeline. 

I would greatly appreciate assistance and some advice on which route is best and what I need to do to make this work. Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Landon Wyrick

• 2.  RE: External Form for Non Users

Posted 11-22-2022 16:56
    EOTI will be the easiest way to go. 

In general you create a table for the input form and allow everyone on the internet to access that table.  The EOTI users should be able to add record but not edit and not delete.  You create the regular input form for use in Add Mode and then have an alternative form with just thank you words for viewing records.

There are some other best practises tips are previous postings in this forum and if you pursue the EOTI method and wanted some advice to make the forms a little prettier then we can continue our dialogue here.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: External Form for Non Users

Posted 11-22-2022 17:04
    Got it! I have the table already created... how do I make it available for anyone to make an entry?

Landon Wyrick

• 4.  RE: External Form for Non Users

Posted 11-22-2022 17:08
    Crete a role called for Example EOTI. Set the permissions.

The go to add a user like you would normally do - blue button to Share with new user and literally start to type

everyone on the internet 

into the box and it should come up as a choice.  Assign those 6 billion people to the EOTI Role.

If for some reason you don't get that option to come up it's possible you'll have to put in a support ticket and ask Support to enable your app for EOTI Access.

mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: External Form for Non Users

Posted 11-22-2022 17:11
    To confirm, once I do this... the information we have within the app will just stay within our organization? The roles protect the information within?

Landon  Wyrick

Prestige Janitorial Services

NOT JUST A SERVICE, BUT A PARTNERSHIP!

(972) 372-9071 | (972) 795-9143
    landon@prestigejanitorial.com
    www.prestigejanitorial.com

• 6.  RE: External Form for Non Users

Posted 11-23-2022 09:18
    Those in the EOTI Role will be limited to just what you allow them in the Role.

When I do EOTI work for clients though I tend to prefer having a separate app completely for the EOTI users. I'm just afraid that one day I will mess up the permissions and accidentally expose app from my data from my app to EOTI users. So if I were doing a survey I tend to put those surveys in a separate app and then use a cross up relationship for example.

mark.shnier@gmail.com