Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Filter Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly from one Date field

Posted 06-01-2023 13:28

I have a table with a Maximum Date field. I'd like to create a chart that I can filter by Month, Quarter, and Year. I have managed to create 3 different charts (one for each), using formulas on that Maximum Date field to pull out the Month, Quarter, and Year, but I'd like to have 1 chart where I can simply select the appropriate Month, Quarter, or Year filter.  This chart will ultimately go to a dashboard (yet to be created). I'm just stuck on the filter part! 

------------------------------
    Anne McCarthy

• 2.  RE: Filter Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly from one Date field

Posted 06-01-2023 13:33

well, you can make a field called YYYY and have a formula calculate that field.

Then a field called Quarter and calculate the Quarter # as 1, 2 , 3 or 4.

Then a field to calculate the month.

Post back if you need help with any of those formulas.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Filter Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly from one Date field

Posted 06-01-2023 13:41

I have those formulas. What I don't understand is how I can have a singular chart where the recipient selects a filter to switch from month to quarter to year. Remember, the output of said fields will be in 1 bar chart. If they were all in separate fields, how would the filter be applied from the chart?

Anne McCarthy

• 4.  RE: Filter Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly from one Date field

Posted 06-01-2023 14:06

Oh, OK now I understand your question.  I don't think there's a way to dynamically change the X axis of a chart based on a dynamic filter. The filter is only going to affect what appears on the chart but will not change the grouping of the bar charts into monthly quarterly or annual buckets.  

It is helpful, you can put the three reports on the dashboard and use Global Global Filters on the dashboard to affect all three charts at the same time.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Filter Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly from one Date field

Posted 06-02-2023 12:13

I figured that would be what I'd need to do. I was hoping someone could pull a rabbit out of their hat and make magic happen! Dynamic filtering on a dashboard seems to be the way to go. 
    Thanks so much for your help!

Anne McCarthy