Forum Discussion

OrlaO_Reilly
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Filtering a report link on 2 fields

Hi,
I have created a many-to-many relationship table between 3 different tables and need to create a report link in one of the parent tables that will filter records based on matching 2 different sets of fields in the child table.
Is this possible, and if so, how can this be done?
For context, I have a table of assets, a table of countries and a table of contracts as parent tables. The approvals table contains records of which person is approved to work on a contract in a certain country.
I am looking to pull a list of approvals onto the asset form which will only include approvals that match both the country the asset is linked to and the contract the asset is linked to. The report link currently will filter either on the related contract or the related country, but not on both.
Has anyone ever done something similar, or have any suggestions for how this can be achieved?
Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Orla O'Reilly

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    No problem. Just make a formula text field on the asset table which concatenates the related contract and the related country

for example 

list("-", totext([related country]), totext([related contract]))

then make the same field on the target table.

Then make a report link field  that looks for a match on those two fields.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      OrlaO_Reilly
      Qrew Member
      Hi Mark,
      You're a gem - this worked a charm and my report filtering on the concatenated field is pulling just the data I need!
      Thank you so much!

Orla O'Reilly