Forum Discussion

ChristineWhite
Qrew Assistant Captain
12 months ago

Filtering Records in Grid Edit for Child Table

I am aware of the ability to filter records using a report rather than a record picker on a form.  Is there also a way to filter available records using grid edit?  (I wanted to restrict the selection of training classes but allow for multiple selections by adding an editable child table to the form)

Thank you

------------------------------
Christine White

2 Replies

• Yes. This can easily be done, but it is less than obvious how to do it.

What you do is create a form called perhaps grid edit form.

On that form, you simply list the fields that you want to have in grid mode and just like on a normal form you can use particular reports on that form to filter the drop-down.

Then, now that you have more than one form for the child table, you will get a section in Forms Usage asking under what conditions you want to use the regular form or the grid edit form. You can choose to use the grid edit form just for some reports, for example, the report that is used on your parent record, or you could set it to be the global default for all situations for all roles  

If you set it to be the default, that means that regardless of the columns on any table report, that users happen to use, the grid edit version of that report will use the new form. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChristineWhite
      Qrew Assistant Captain

Thank you Mark!  I will give it a try

Christine White