Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Formula Help: Adding Non-Consecutive Numbers

Posted 03-09-2023 17:08
      |   view attached

I developed an "audit" application that works well for the most part, but there is a specific scenario I could use some help with. Each question is worth "x" points but when the question does not apply the user can enter "N/A" as a result. Quickbase is correctly ignoring these in my total point calculations but is also counting them as "0" and throwing things off when performing my weighted average adjustments in each category (in the screenshot Compliance questions are worth 40% of the total).

I've been using summary formulas and it's easy when all questions are N/A (which is possible) to add all those points back in to my adjusted total. However, when there's a gap like what is shown in the screencap I can't find way to "skip" a question that has a legit answer (e.g. Fail) and needs points deducted. I don't know if this is solvable short of writing out every combination possible and adding those points back in, e.g. 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3, etc.).

------------------------------
    Nelson Arce

• 2.  RE: Formula Help: Adding Non-Consecutive Numbers

Posted 03-09-2023 17:27

Have you tried changing this

Quickbase is correctly ignoring these in my total point calculations but is also counting them as "0"

to calculate to null?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com