Forum Discussion

StaceySexton
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Formula to Save & New while keeping fields from current record

I am trying to write a url formula button that will  allow the user to essentially Save the current record and create a new record while passing the data from fields 15, 7 and 9 to the new record.  The user would end on the new record, ready to enter new data in other fields on the form, then be able to hit the button again repeat the same action, saving the current new record and passing fields 15, 7 and 9 to the next new record and so on. Is that possible or am I thinking about this incorrectly.  I need users to log data, but want to save as many extra keystrokes as possible when the data does not change but every several records.  thanks for your help.

------------------------------
Stacey Sexton

3 Replies

• You can use Save & new option from dropdown at top right while adding record.
    Data can be passed from fields 15, 7 and 9 to new record by using relationship and creating any one of those which has unique value as reference proxy and other two as lookup fields.
    So anytime Add record button is clicked then 15,7,9 will be auto populated on new record on basis of reference proxy key.

Pranav Choudhary
    beniwalpranav@gmail.com
    MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Try this

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_GenAddRecordForm"
    & "&_fid_15=" & URLEncode([Field 15 Name])
    & "&_fid_7=" & URLEncode([Field 7 Name])
    & "&_fid_9=" & URLEncode([Field 89 Name])

Be sure that this Advanced Setting for the table is set to save automatically.

Auto save when redirected away from the page

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      StaceySexton
      Qrew Member
      That worked beautifully!  Thanks so much for your help.

Stacey Sexton