Forum Discussion

ElenaLarrabee1
Qrew Captain
2 years ago

Grid edit URL breakdown

Can anybody break down the components of the URL for a report when you enter grid edit mode? Specifically, the portions having to do with QID and ridList?

I have two reports (standard reports in grid edit mode), that I'm displaying as iframes linked to an html code page, on a home page. It has to be this way, because there is no way that I can tell to filter parent record selection on a report built in grid edit mode. My solution works great for one day, and then something happens where the numbers associated with qid and ridlist in the URL change and I have to fix the HTML code pages. 

https://...quickbase.com/db/bniuwc3g7?a=q&qid=-1000005&ridList=2908&dlta=su94~su83~mog~&qskip=0&qtbtx=__none&navBack=true&originalQid=29

Does anybody know how to dynamically change those elements of the URL so I don't have to fix it every day? 

Many thanks!!

------------------------------
Elena Larrabee

6 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    The rid list is a code for the list of records at a moment in time and is only temporarily stored.  QIDs which are those large negative numbers are also temporary links.   I think you will need to try to describe why you cannot make a Grid Edit Report as a report type and use that link.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ElenaLarrabee1
      Qrew Captain
      Hey Mark! I may be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out a way to filter parent records on a Grid Edit Report the way I can in a standard report, by creating a form with a filtered field and then changing the role report settings. The grid edit report I'm making needs to be able to select parent records from a filtered set.

Elena Larrabee
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        Your question seems to have transitioned from the original post but yes I do agree that when you make a grid edit report you are not able to specify a form to control the drop-down list. That is a limitation of the Grid Edit Report Type.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com