Forum Discussion

NelsonArce
Qrew Member
2 years ago

How to "copy" data captured in a single field to more than one multiple choice field in same table (can a pipeline do it?)

Hello! I am working on "performance management" app and have a form that captures "staff member" along with the staff member's "manager" in separate fields on a "phone call" form.

Next, we are capturing how many "errors" the staff member made on a phone call, thus I created SIX multiple-choice fields (error 1, error 2, etc.) to capture each error. I am stuck trying to associate "staff member" and "manager" to each error committed. We need to be able to summary report out on all errors, errors by staff member, and errors linked each manager.

I'm trying to link/copy the value of the staff member and manager captured 1x per form to each error made captured in error 1, error 2, etc.

A colleague suggested looking at the "bucket" channel in pipelines, but I am new to pipelines and cannot figure out how to make it do what I need. Bulk Record Set also doesn't seem to do the trick.

Am I on the right track looking at pipelines or is there another solution I am not seeing Thanks for any guidance!

------------------------------
Nelson Arce

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Reporting on errors will be very difficult with that App design.

You should have a header record like you already have  and then a child table for errors.  Then all your reporting will be off the error child table.  You will lookup up any fields you need from the Header like the Team Member  and Manager and the date or whatever,  down to the child errors table so you have those fields for reporting.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      NelsonArce
      Qrew Member
      Brilliant! I understand exactly how to do that, many thanks for the knock on the head to see more clearly.

Nelson Arce