Forum Discussion

ProcessQ
Qrew Member
2 years ago

How to Create a Save and Refresh Button

Hi all, sort of flummoxed by this because I consider myself an advanced builder so am surprised that I can't figure out how to do this and the forums seem to be filled with javascript based suggestions that no longer work in formula fields

What im looking to do is simple. I want to have a button half way down a form that works exactly like the native "Save & Keep Working" functionality.

The reason I want this is because I want people to refresh the page to see an additional tab controlled by a form rule that is based on some of the previously entered data

So how can i add a "Save & Keep Working" style button? What formula would I need to do this?

Thanks

------------------------------
Process Q

20 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    You can do this with a Rich Text Formula field.
    // first,  either use the existing Record ID# if the record has one yet, else use the "future" Record ID# after the initial save.

var text RID = IF([Record ID#] > 0, [Record ID#], %%RID%%)

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & $RID;

"<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating' data-replaceRid=true style=\"text-decoration:none; background: #4b7097; border-radius: 5px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; width:100px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 2px solid #030404; font-size: 12px \"href='"
    & $URL
    & "'>Save and Continue in Edit Mode</a>"

// you can mess around with the button appearance by carefully adjusting the parameters above.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ProcessQ
      Qrew Member
      Hi Mark, thanks so much for this but the formula throws out an error because in the first sentence of the formula the first % symbol in "%%RID%%" is highlighted yellow

Any ideas what this could be?

Process Q
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        Sorry, I forgot the quotes.

"%%RID%%"

mark.shnier@gmail.com
      NolanPilozo
      Qrew Member

Is there a way to repurpose this to instead of opening in edit mode, it will edit a field, save, then go to a dashboard or report? Goal is to have a button to accept in a form, and when clicked it changes another fields value, saves the changes, returns to a dashboard page. I have been using the following: 

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] &"_fid__20=" & URLEncode("success") &"&ticket=auth_ticket&apptoken=app_token";

"<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating' data-replaceRid=true style=\"text-decoration:none; background: #4b7097; border-radius: 5px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; width:100px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 2px solid #030404; font-size: 12px \"href='"
      & $URL
      & "'>Accept</a>"

Some variation of this was able to edit the field fine, but would then open some page saying it's missing xml data and force a close or back button, which is not ideal.

Nolan Pilozo
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger

Try this as a formula URL field.

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] &"_fid__20=" & URLEncode("success") &"&ticket=auth_ticket&apptoken=app_token";

var text Dashboard = URLRoot() & "db/" & AppID(); 

$URL

& "&rdr=" & URLEncode($Dashboard)

mark.shnier@gmail.com