Forum Discussion

ShaneSelasky
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Lookup Fields Not Available in Pipeline

Using Pipelines for the first time to have a record automatically be created.  The creating of the record is no problem.  However, I can't get the fields to update with data.  After looking how the fields were updated manually, I see there are rules created to update the fields. Here is a pic of one of those rules:

So when the numeric field called " Support" is blank, it will get updated by a numeric lookup field called "# of Cases in the Last Month Form".  When I got to create my pipeline, I am not seeing the field  "# of Cases in the Last Month Form" or any of the other lookup fields available for selection in the pipeline. 

Below is the pipeline I created to create the record:

When selecting a field for "Select Fields to Specify Values", the field "# of Cases in the Last Month Form" is not available to select.  I tried to update "Support" with the field ID, the field name, and a.# of Cases in the Last Month Form" (along with all the brackets / paranthesis / etc needed) but the "Support" field was empty.  

Then I added an action to update the record once it is created. See below:  

Again, I tried to update "Support" with the field ID, the field name, and a.# of Cases in the Last Month Form" but the "Support" field was empty.  I figured out you can drag a field into "Support" from the inbox to the right of the "update record" but the field "# of Cases in the Last Month Form" is not available to do that.

Are fields that were created for a relationship between tables not available for pipelines? If these are, how do I make these fields available to select?

And if not, then how do I update "Support" with the data I need to be in it if this field is reliant on a lookup field?

Thanks!! 

Shane

------------------------------
Shane Selasky

2 Replies

• ok. so played around with this some more and I found the action "Lookup Record".  Add this to my pipeline and now I see the lookup field "# of Cases in the Last Month Form". Created the following:

followed by:

And now I am getting data in the field "Support".  The data looks off but I am at least getting data!! 

Shane Selasky
  • Yep!!! Figured it out.  The data is correct.  Needed to create a lookup action and then modify that accordingly.  

Hopefully this helps someone else!!

Shane Selasky