Forum Discussion

LandonWyrick
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Mini Reporting in another app...

We have two apps in Quickbase. One of the apps serves as a CRM and another app is for inspections. When I view an account in the CRM app, how can I have a report appear on the account screen of inspections for that account?

------------------------------
Landon Wyrick

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    No problem,
    Report Link fields to the rescue. When you create a relationship it automatically creates a Report Link field for you which typically allows you to show child records on the parent record form as an embedded report. But as I like to say when you go to McDonald's they allow you to just order the fries you don't have to order the combo with fries and a drink and the hamburger.  ie, You don't need to have a relationship to get a Report Link field.

So you can just make a Report Link field  on the "Parent" record which is the account CRM record , and then decide which field on the CRM record you were going to use to match to the inspections. It is probably going be something like customer account number or customer name ...  something like that.  Having configured that field on the left-hand side then go off and click to look for the matching app and then the matching field on the inspections table.  

Note that this will cause a pop-up which sometimes can be blocked by your browser's pop-up blocker. So once in your life on each browser you may need to watch for the little tag typically on the right side of the URL field to click to always allow pop-ups from Quickbase.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LandonWyrick
      Qrew Member
      I figured out how to do this but have a slight challenge... 

- I went into the CRM application and added a field and named it inspections. I then went into the properties to select the app to match the account name to, I clicked Inspections and clicked ok but I was prompted to do nothing else. What step am I missing to be able to proceed with this?

Landon Wyrick
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        :)  see my original answer above:

"Note that this will cause a pop-up which sometimes can be blocked by your browser's pop-up blocker. So once in your life on each browser you may need to watch for the little tag typically on the right side of the URL field to click to always allow pop-ups from Quickbase." 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com